• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VK issues

longtrack

Veteran
Have been looking into buying a utility machine for awhile now and narrowed it down to the VK pro or the bearcat Z1 XT. Tried the bearcat demo last year and it has a very nimble and light handling feel to it especially on the trails. Haven't tried it in the deep stuff. But owning the genesis at the moment its hard to tear myself away from that engine.

I'm just afraid I would find the VK to heavy, (Especially breaking trail into camp), along with the other issues such as tippiness over banks, sliders wearing out, etc

Some guy had his advertised for sale because it was to heavy to ride off trail

Any thoughts?

go look up yellowknife's milage post from last season. his buddy bought a bearcat last year and he rode with him a lot. might open some eyes.

Yes, it's heavy but there is nothing the Bearcat can do that the VK can't.
Put 11" ski boots and that takes care of tippyness. I get 5-6000KM out of slides which is fine in my books. I really like the Bearcat Z1 too but for me, I think Arctic Cat made a huge mistake not putting a low range gear. Thats the big reason I would't buy one.

so ur slides don't stick and burn under hardpack/low snow conditions? did u put something on like the marginal snow kit or ice scratchers?

longtrack said:
so ur slides don't stick and burn under hardpack/low snow conditions? did u put something on like the marginal snow kit or ice scratchers?

Ice scratcers mounted to the running boards and the extra idler wheels.

Back