• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

warning light

yamahayz250f

Has anyone had the warning light come on but not tell you what it is warning. The manual says the light will come on and then eluminate something in the speed box to tell you the problem. It comes on and stays on for a minute or two.

Are you sure it's not the low coolant temperature light that's just to the right of the warning light?

The low temp light does not show any other indicators in the display and only stays on until the engine is warmed up.

I had a similar problem. I was running down the trail when the yellow light started flashing and the Engine icon flashed on the screen. Everything was running great, but I shut of the machine. After I restarted, it disappeared.

This happened a second time that same day. I thought it was supposed to give a code or a failure number??

I am bringing it in for the 500mile checkup next week so hopefully the dealer can get something from the computer.

dustin-d said:
I had a similar problem. I was running down the trail when the yellow light started flashing and the Engine icon flashed on the screen. Everything was running great, but I shut of the machine. After I restarted, it disappeared.

This happened a second time that same day. I thought it was supposed to give a code or a failure number??

I am bringing it in for the 500mile checkup next week so hopefully the dealer can get something from the computer.
The original post mentioned that an icon wasn't shown.

According to the owner's manual, the error code is supposed to flash slowly in the tripmeter/odometer display.

Hopefully your dealer can find the issue.

it also will come on for low fuel and there is no icon for that i dont think, just a low bar reading on the gauge

Back