• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wet Foot Syndrome?

yah it works great. im thinkin around 20 bucks but not for sure its not that much

left foot plate was 35.00 at my dealer

2-feet of duct tape on the back side of the perforated plate near the foothold is very effective and almost free. This year I'm upgrading to aluminum sheet and rivets. I hear this will add about 9-hp.

2008FxNytro said:
I used billet aluminum and it added 11.75 horse!

well it only makes sense that billet would add a little extra hp. Could probably squeeze a few more out of her if you added flames to it...

But handguards are a good thing, since they do make a big difference and aiding in keeping your hands warmer.

But back to the original thread....

You can get this guard/plate from yamaha??

Saw a picture of it. Not really seeing how its going to help. Can still get some water through the holes where foot goes. hmmm. Im gonna make something here at the shop and see how it works. Thanks guys

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• t_42_130.jpg
    t_42_130.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 80
i installed it on my 08 last year and it made a big differnence. never a wet foot. it definetely works because the year b4 my left sock was always soaked. only bad thing is i blew a belt last year and the plate was ruined.

Back