• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are the odds

Preacher

Expert
I just spent the week riding solo up in the county and I was also getting stuff ready for our company ride that’s coming up.I was also helping a friend who is just too busy right now to get here so I trailered his six sleds from Fort Kent to Van Buren . That friend goes by Mike P on TY and he rents this house for the snowmobile season and he let me stay there so he was being pretty good to me as well. After my last ride for the week I went to a restaurant in Fort Kent, Maine and it was packed ,everybody is riding up here because there’s no snow in mid or lower Maine. during the meal there’s a guy sitting behind me that I could hear him talking about snowmobiling to a friend and he really knew his stuff and he’s really passionate so it’s even easier to listen to someone like that .i then hear him mention Connecticut so I figured I got to meet this guy because I’m from Connecticut so I walk over and we start talking and he asked me what sleds I ride so I telol him that I have a 14 Apex XTX that I really like and he says I had one too I love it it’s one of the best sleds that Yamaha has made . Then he asked me if I have a Sidewinder and I said I Have a beautiful 2018 RTX anniversary edition sidewinder I bought it from a guy who goes by RockerDan And I bought an SRX from Glen who goes by Flecer and it’s an absolute beast of a sled.Steve goes hey I’m Steve with OCD and I look at him and I start laughing and I say Steve I’m preacher and he’s surprised because we’ve been trying to get together and do some riding for the last two years but it just hasn’t worked out I will tell you that he is just as passionate in real life as he is on the pages of totally Yamaha he’s a great guy funny of course you all know that but I just can’t believe that’s how we ended up meeting because I have texted him he’s texted me I’ve called him he’s called me. Like I said what are the odds.

Last edited:

Its always nice to talk to someone with great knowledge and experience that one can learn from , and then to be able to meet them and put a face to that text is a nice bonus… Ya when you think about it, small world sometimes, but the odds are its this great sport that we all love is whats brings us together… Like it or not we are all part of one big happy family of YAMAHA/ CAT teammates… Ok maybe some on here are not happy, some not part of the family but most really are good knowledgable sled heads.

Steve is easy to be friends with, I too have been trying to hook up with him for a ride, just hasn't worked out yet. We text and talk about fishing and hunting it seems more than snowmobiling. I've never met him in person but feel like we've been life long friends.

I just spent the week riding solo up in the county and I was also getting stuff ready for our company ride that’s coming up.I was also helping a friend who is just too busy right now to get here so I trailered his six sleds from Fort Kent to Van Buren . That friend goes by Mike P on TY and he rents this house for the snowmobile season and he let me stay there so he was being pretty good to me as well. After my last ride for the week I went to a restaurant in Fort Kent, Maine and it was packed ,everybody is riding up here because there’s no snow in mid or lower Maine. during the meal there’s a guy sitting behind me that I could hear him talking about snowmobiling to a friend and he really knew his stuff and he’s really passionate so it’s even easier to listen to someone like that .i then hear him mention Connecticut so I figured I got to meet this guy because I’m from Connecticut so I walk over and we start talking and he asked me what sleds I ride so I telol him that I have a 14 Apex XTX that I really like and he says I had one too I love it it’s one of the best sleds that Yamaha has made . Then he asked me if I have a Sidewinder and I said I Have a beautiful 2018 RTX anniversary edition sidewinder I bought it from a guy who goes by RockerDan And I bought an SRX from Glen who goes by Flesser and it’s an absolute beast of a sled.Steve goes hey I’m Steve with OCD and I look at him and I start laughing and I say Steve I’m preacher and he’s surprised because we’ve been trying to get together and do some riding for the last two years but it just hasn’t worked out I will tell you that he is just as passionate in real life as he is on the pages of totally Yamaha he’s a great guy funny of course you all know that but I just can’t believe that’s how we ended up meeting because I have texted him he’s texted me I’ve called him he’s called me. Like I said what are the odds.
For some reason someone decided you should meet this way! Just saying PREACHER.

It does appear that way doesn’t it
You will probably never forget that day? Sometimes people enter our lives at different times for different reasons. Sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. I thought that was a very cool story. Thanks for sharing..

He did get quite a kick out of me when I told him as we were leaving the restaurant to stay out of jail. I thought that was good advice ya think

Vic the PREACHER bought some BADASS sleds!
First full week in March I'll be riding all over Maine.
We'll hook up then.
Don't bring that 150mph SRX or even that hopped up RTX Winder...................bring the Apex XTX....................I need a chance

I met SAILOR JOE this week & took him for a small rip.
3D18C0A7-8BDE-4FAC-A52C-2425E3DB0DF6.jpeg

Almost hit a moose

We'll hook up then.
Don't bring that 150mph SRX or even that hopped up RTX Winder...................bring the Apex XTX....................I need a chance

I met SAILOR JOE this week & took him for a small rip.View attachment 171420
Almost hit a moose
yes I did go for a quick rip with Steve, learned more leaning my ear in than I have ever. It's true, Steve almost did hit that moose, it came out onto the trail and Steve went flying by it lol...I couldn't believe it!!! The moose looked stunned too lol...it got it's bearing and walked off, thought about it first though. Hope to see you soon Steve, I got lots of questions!!

We'll hook up then.

I met SAILOR JOE this week & took him for a small rip.View attachment 171420
Almost hit a moose
That first full week of March should work

I'll be in the County next week & have another week off first FULL week in March

Back