• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are you guys seeing for pricing on 05's

byoffcr said:
Best price I got on Warrior is give up $800.00 of extras and pay $8300.00 + tax in Minn.

byoffcr..........Who was the dealer that gave you that quote?

I would also like to know. I have checked 2 dealers so far and at this point they don't seem to want to deal that much. Only can get a couple hundred off list along with another $500 if you leave the $800 in free accesories at the door. The reason for the descrepency ($300) is questionable. Trade in is a joke. I'm going to do the deal regardless just want to find a better price.

I found out a long time ago.. You have to lie to your dealer.. tell him you got a better price somewhere else and have them match or beat it..

It almost always works for me..

my dealer has a 04 warrior hed sell for around $8000 new

Exactly. It's all about research and bluffing. So many people just go in and pay the sticker like they are walkin into a dang supermarket heh. Or the dealer will see that he can punk them down and will shoot down their first question of "whats your best offer" (people don't ever say that line, they will see you coming a mile away) and the dealer will come down a couple bucks but still make a killing.

Best thing to do is not be afraid to walk away. People are compulsive and when they finally make the decision to get something new they feel that it has to be made immediately. THIS COSTS YOU MONEY. For instance when I got my bike. I went around to various dealers and worked them a bit. Then I went to the dealer that I most often deal with and said look this is what so and so's giving me (sometimes with a little embelishment) what can you do for me. This is where I'd like to be. I ended up getting a good deal. Same with my sled. Went around asked what they could do for me. I also added in 03's to the mix. Went to my dealer (same one) and said well this is what I can get can you beat this by this much (again with a little embelishment, make sure its not too much though). I walked away at the begining of the season with my RX-1 for 7800 AND the $350 assessory package (which was the promo at that time). Then when I got my assessories I ended up getting more than my dollar amount (which is good because we all know how badly assessories are overpriced).

Main thing is shop around. Don't be afraid to work your dealer.

I've found a dealer that works with me and I don't even have to go to other places (though I still do just to make sure he isn't swindling me). Many dealers ride on this false assumption that people aren't going to go somewhere else. Show them that this is false and they will be left with holdovers for the next year. Show them why this is and they will be lowering their prices better.

Whats wrong with a dealer making some money? Here is my cost on the sleds this is what I pay Yamaha RXWARRIOR LE 8506.00 RXWARRIOR 8420.00 RX 1 ER LE 8334.00 RX 1ER 8248.00 RX 1 7990.00 RS RAGE 7474.00 RS VECTOR ER 7302.00 RS VECTOR 7044.00 RX 1 MOUNTAIN LE 8291.00 RX 1 MOUNTAIN 8205.00 RS VECTOR MOUNTAIN 7259.00 SXVIPER MOUNTAIN 7001.00 SXVENOM ER 6515.00 SX VENOM 6080.00 RS VENTURE 7904.00 VT60 6776.00 THE BEST FOR LAST VK540 6902.00 SO IF THERE ARE DEALERS SELLING FOR LESS THAN THIS THERE TAKING MONEY OUT OF THERE POCKET AND YES WE WILL GET $400.00 BACK FROM YAMAHA IN MARCH FOR THE ASSY. PROGRAM THATS ALL THE MONEY WE WILL MAKE.

The snowmobile industry in general is very difficult to make any money on new sled sales. It really is not fair to the dealer base, all the money dealers have to put out for floor planning, forced ad co-op, and parts inventory.

All customers want is to buy everything for cost. How can anyone make any money doing that :?:

Come on people, look for a dealer who will take care of you after the sale, & let him make some money :!:

JMHO

Back