• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you pack when you ride?

I like all I read above.

I would repeat the WIRE, hatchet or small axe. Specific wrenches for track adjust and wheel replace and the tow rope.
I try to always carry my multitool and small mag light.

NOSPRO, a TYer, who I rode with a few yrs ago brought a complete Craftsman tool kit in a dedicated back pack adjusted so when he sat he claimed all weight went off him to the seat.

He knew how to use it all as well. Very helpful guy and kit to have on a 2 thousand mile trip from Orr, mn through eastern Ontaio and western Manitoba and back.
Only trouble we had was the large idler wheels for the rear axel. We lost several of them but then again the sleds that lost them all started the trip with 10 - 14 thousand miles and the trip across Lake of the Woods at 70 to 100+ mph for 60 to 70 miles straight might have been a bit of a stress to them.

Have fun and be safe guys.

Yamadoo

here is my list of what i will not leave home without,

lighter
tow rope/strap
chain saw (size of your fist) or axe depending on which sled
snow bungee
snow winch with pully
wire/tie wraps
plugs
belt
flashlight
multitool/knife
booster cables
cell phone
gps (usually know where i am going around home)
wallet and registration
heated visor cord spare

adding the tp and ductape this season to the backpack that lives on my seat jack with the snow winch.

almost everything i have with me has been used to either get un-stuck/tow a dead sled/clear a trail at some point. the lighter is the only un-used thing at this time.

Might be carrying some yamaha stabilizer or octane boost this year . Not to sure about some of the premium gas farther north I'll be buying this year ??? :(

This may seem trivial, and slightly off topic, but I always yes a Mophie 'juice pack' case for my iPhone. it both protects it and doubles the phone's battery life. Goes without saying, turn down the brightness, kill Bluetooth, stop push notifications.

Mophie has cases for all brands and hopefully one for the iphone5 shortly.

The sno-bungee is great. I have pulled some really stuck sleds out without digging. You just have to learn to use them right.

i don't go all out on trails but i do take:
spare fuel pump relay'
lighter
toilet paper in a zip lock bag (also helps to light a fire)
2 sizes of zip ties
pliers and a couple wrenches
small roll wire and couple connectors
spare visor cords
tube of rad seal
1 lt of antifreeze stored in nose cone
as well as maps and small led flashlight
bottles of water and a couple snacks

chocolate chip granola bars, and extra spicy beef jerky my auntie makes...at least i wont starve haha. i wear a 15 dollar Dickies backpack from walmart, i am a very small build, just about 19 years old, barely 130 pounds, and 5 foot 6 inches tall. believe it or not, im the tallest in my family. as im pretty much a midget, im limited to what i can carry, and how long i can carry it for. in my bag i have
-electircal tape
-ducttape or tucktape (the red stuff used for sealing house wrap)
-1 or 2 small bungee cords
-food, candy, beef jerky, and 2 bottles of water or iced tea.
(i dont smoke or drink or "dip" so i need somthin to do while my riding partners are intoxicating themselves, which isnt safe to do anyway, plus its illegal)
-sparkplugs, i know you should never foul a plug, but anything is possible, i also carry a couple BR9ES for my 2 stroke friends,
-telescoping, folding snow shovel. it weighs about half a pound, and if i have an extra sweater in my backpack, i barely feel it.

in my tool pouch in the sled i have a small quarter inch drive metric ratchet set, nice for making limiter strap adjustments, or reshimming the secondaries if a belt drops on long long rides.
10,12, 14, 17 mm wrenches
small vise grips
small set of linesman pliers, (square nose, most useful, my favorite)
and of course, a spare belt.
and about 2 feet of tie wire zip tied to the frame in the nose of the vectors.
comes in handy, heat it up with a pocket torch and push through plastic panels to make it back home.

smalltownpower said:
chocolate chip granola bars, and extra spicy beef jerky my auntie makes...at least i wont starve haha. i wear a 15 dollar Dickies backpack from walmart, i am a very small build, just about 19 years old,-telescoping, folding snow shovel. it weighs about half a pound, and if i have an extra sweater in my backpack, i barely feel it.
You got me curious now - off topic but curious; you are only 19 and own all those sleds in your signature?
BTW, good list and congrats on not indulging in the poisons :-o

Haha no, their not all mine, I bought half the phazer with my dad, but bought all the mods for it myself, the 4 vectors are his, and the 2011 nytro is my 21 year olds brother. The 2012 dodge cummins, with full h&s deletes and 4 inch turbo back exhaust, is mine. Get lots of ppl stare at me when I get out of a big truck haha.

Front nosebag

Flashlight, candles, matches, fire starter
Heat pads
Gas line antifreeze and lock deicer
Flares
First aid kit
Booster cables
Collapsible shovel

Rear trunk

Snack bars
Axe
Tow strap/rope, ratchet straps, bungee cords
Ice picks
WD 40
4 stroke oil
Maps, owner’s manual
Duct/electrical tape
Tie straps
Spare gloves, hat, socks, scarf

Handlebar and windshield bag

Multi-tool / multi-driver
Knife, exacto blades
Adjustable wrench
Aspirins, chap stick, hand cream
Ownership, insurance
Spare fuses
Various cables, cord adapters, 12 volt adapters
GPS, cell phone, spare AA batteries
Reading glasses

Booster Cables, Cell Phone, Ball Cap, T.P., Drink & a Snack, never really needed much more than that before.

Now back in 1969 on my SL 351 I didn't really carry much of anything...MAYBE WARMER CLOTHES
:jump:

The buddies saw came in very handy today. Went bushwacking as the trails had downed trees all over the place. Have to cut our way through until we decided to turn around.

A pair or 2 of surgical gloves saves your hands (or your riding gloves) when working on a nasty belt or oily, dirty mechanical problem.
They should also be in our first aid kits.

Back