• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is rear bumper capacity?

Jasonjmccoy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
I installed one of the tow hitch bumpers that has reinforcing material that is riveted to the tunnel. I'm looking to put an ice auger carrier on it that simply uses U bolts to clamp the carrier to the rear bumper so that bumper is supporting all of the weight of the auger and the mount, probably close to 40 pounds. Just wondering if that's going to cause issues over time or if it can handle that weight? Seems if you can pick the rear of the machine up by it, that it should be fine but not sure.

My nytro has towed more times than I can count. bumper is perfect. I think the joke was at the time they came with a yellow strap to match the average sled that you would be towing

you might be ok. i had a rack on my apex xtx and it kept working the rivits loose on the tunnel extension and i only had a 1.5 gal klopin can and mount on it. rack finally broke so i left it off.

I have an XTX with a rear rack and I keep a 1.5 gal fuel jug plus 10 lbs of guear with no issue. That is close to 25 lbs. The prior owner put a 2.5 gal jug on the rack and gear so est >35 lbs and it cracked the weak point on port skid. Yami made a bracket plate after 2012 that I installed and no further issues. The bumper hitches move weight to the upper frame so I suspect 40 lb is fine.

Ive towed allot of Polaris, and a couple of skidoo’s , oh you mean weight. LOL

Not sure what kind of hitch you installed, but I put a Yamaha bumper/hitch on my 13 xtx and I towed an Equinox Snocoach (over 300 lbs) for 4 years without any issues.

Back