• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what is the colder outside temp you have start your RX-1

tundra

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Saturday night i slep in a camp in the Mont-Valin, in the north of Quebec Canada, we get an -35°c during night, and an -32° near 8 a.m.

I have start my sled, not with ease, but not hardly, the starter made something like 5 or 6 turn, and blark blark blark blark, tuh tuh tuh...
I'm very happy with that.

yeah, This 4-stroke is coming alive, after bleeping the throttle, a wolf ear the call of my exaust system, and reply me :wink: .

This 4 stroke is screaming at the wolf :twisted:

I'm confused, are you happy or un-happy?

-28 for me with no problems. The 2-smokes I was with did have issues, mainly trying to pull over those 800 twins :lol:

Yeah, that sounds consistent with RX1. They all said it would be harder to start than a 2-stroke. Its easier to start than ANY 2-stroke. I've NEVER had success starting a 2-stroke below -30.

You ever used a blow torch to warm up a 2-stroke before it'll start? I have!

i'm very happy. :lol:

And by the way, the seat was soft, even at this temp, that was not the case for the two Ski-doo 20inches who i am with this morning. and when the two other guy start there 2 stroke, we lost the camp in a blue smoke screen, they are very smoky, and mine not.

This why the wolfe like it, hum no :D it's because this beautiful howl

whooooooooooooooo! :lol:

- 38 f in val-david no problem to start just a little valve noise for about 5 seconds. by the way my xc 800 polaris that i let my friend use did not start as the air box & carbs were PACKED with snow dust. (probably because he was behind me the night before . hehehe. :lol:

it was about 50 below zero at night when I was in Paridice last winter with MR SLED. My RX-1 cranked right over in the morning!!!!!!!!!!

I was on a trip in northern Canada last year. For the first 3 days, the temperature ranged between -35 and -50 F. I had no problems at all. I was running Amsoil.

Cold Start!

Last year we had a cold snap here that lasted for almost 2 weeks. It never made it above -10 f . At night it was down near -35 -40 f. I had'nt rode my RX-1 in over 7 days because it was just too damn cold. So I figured I'd better fire her up just to make sure she'd start. And much to my surprise it fired right up! Man it wheeled over like it was summertime.Ya just can't beat these 4 Strokes!

I was born and raised in Hornepayne and I'm not sure if my freinds there are just bashing yamahas by telling me that a few RX-1s had to get boosted last season that were parked in front of the Haulmark inn. It does get cold there, but is there anybody on here that fell victom to this in Hornepayne? I still keep in contact with my northern friends and will head back up this season.
I also seen 3 RX-1s travelling together in Longlac Ontario last season and wondering if its anyone on this site.
I never got caught with my RX-1 not starting, but it sure made funny noises and took a while before running smooth. Starting a 2 stroke can sometimes be impossible as well in areas where even Santa moves south for the winter.

Dan

You know, it is kind of funny because I remember many of the initial concerns about the RX-1 was its ability to start under cold conditions. People were very nervous since you had electric start and no means to pull start it like a 2-stroke. I must admit, I was a bit concerned too. But like all of you, mine started just fine even at -30C. You gotta love this machine!

-40 C or F last year in Mont Laurier. My wife's Rx-1 started on about the 4th attempt.....
My Tcat was a whole different story.... :roll: Lets just say I was glad we were at a motel with a electrical plug-in nearby, and was able to borrow a hair dryer.

Cold Weather starts...I think your buddies are yankin your chain...never had a problem with mine and we were up in Hearst during some very cold weather as well. No problems! :D

Back