• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the optimum RPM range for a RX1 '05

RX1-er-2005

Expert
I'm clutching my '05 121" and been hearing different stories on max RPM's like 10.800 and as high as 11.200, I know that at certain rpm's you lose a lot of torque and you must stay within such and such can anybody give me a solid or PRO answer with some back up.

I'm running STOCK, no mod's what so ever @ sea level...

Thanks in advance.

rpm

i run mine at 10500 for max pefromace power drops off a little affter this. others run theres at a little lower rpm 10200 to 10300. the rev limeter will cut in at some were around 10700.

Anywhere from 10,000 to 10,500 is fine. I haven't heard anyone running the RX1 that high (11,200???). Now the Apex or Phazer is a different story............

Stock, the hp peaks in the 10,200 to 10,250 range and drops off slowly above that. 10,200 is where you want it for a stock motor.

rpm

i ran mine at 10500 stk thats were it performed the best. note that all of the dyno sheets that i have seen were on new moters no ones that have been run in. rev limeter is at 10700 on the rx 1 and 11200 on the apex.

black john, did you dyno yours?

The dyno plot with the highest peak hp rpm that I have shows peak hp with a 100% stock motor at 10,300. I just had a look at some of them again and they show roughly a 1 hp drop by 10,500.

Now all the plots I've found with almost any intake/exhaust mod (air box/ECP/exhaust baffle mod/etc.) show 10,500 is where peak hp starts to drop off though. So if you've made any changes, 10,500 is probably where you want to be.

Also Ulmer Racing has done lots of track dyno work with broken in RX-1's and to the best of my knowledge they always end up with the most power to the track at 10,200 if the engine, intake and exhaust is stock.

rpm

no i have not ran mine on a dyno just with a radar gun at set distaces. and with the fatory suppled tack maybe there out a little. but thats were i got my best speed and times. thats all . ;)!

rpm

also we ran two rx 1,s back to back testing against each other. in run after run the higher rpm ran away from the lower rpm one every time. radar speeds were 116 at 10200 10300 to 119.2 at 10500 in the same distance. thats my track dyno. on the snow in the field. no compasating for temps, wind , etc. dyno,s are good places to start not to finish. after all you just cant drive a dyno. and nothing beat,s testing in the field. :flag:

If your looking at lake racing on a long run you want it to hit 10,500-10,600. The 1-2 hp you loose reving it that far past 10,200 does not hurt you. That extra 300-400 rpm does more for your top speed then that 1-2 hp would (i'm talking about speeds over 100 mph). Eric

rpm

one other thing i found with a stk rx 1 was to jet up one size realy help a lot as i noticed that the waemer it got the faster it would go.

Back