• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's my sled realistically worth?

dfinn

Extreme
I'm thinking about selling and wondering what a fair asking price would be.

2008 nytro mtx with reverse. Blue.
850 miles

mods:
fox floats
skinz float plate
arctic cat 162 power claw track
ski doo xrs rear skid
timbersled drop brackets
skinz exhaust
RSI 4" riser and RSI pivot
wrp running boards

sled is in really good shape. 2 rips on the seat. Some minor scratches but nothing major. What would be a fair/realistic asking price?

pro116 said:
Over the last few months there has been quite a few on snowest going for 5200-6800

mostly stock at that price or do they have lots of mods?

Stock. If I were looking to buy your sled I would probably look into what it would cost to buy a new one at the current price and then add the cost of the mods. Then I would discount it some since yours is used.

Not saying that this is right, but it's how I would value your sled if I was interested in buying it.

sadly, you will never get the price of your mods out of it...you will generally only get current market for one with no mods...

end of last year...a pretty active member on here sold one with Timbersled suspension, and Supercharger for $8,000.....So when supers are going for that low...and it took a few days to get that price...

bummer. I was really hoping the resale value on these yamahas would be better than the rest of the manufacturers. Oh well, we had some good days together.

Just got $11,000 Canadian for mine with all of the mod's below. Paid $12,300 + tax + mod's.

Yes I lost a big chunk of change, but at the same time feel lucky I got that much at the end of the season..........

take the stock resale price..1 third of the price of the mods.and there you go.they might be bullet proof..but they still lose money...lol..thats why you see turbos and SC for sale .they take them off and get more for them.a turbo on a sled doesnt really up the price a bunch..well yes if you put it on..but when its on..its worth nothing compared to the price it was before it was put on.. :o| you know part of the problem might be we are pissed at the price when we buy new..that we want a way better price when second hand..just a thought. I think they are over priced in the first place..so when it comes to yours..or any other second hand. ( yamaha ).in my mind you paid too much...lol...sad to say but just my 2 cents..I paid too much twice..lol..but we love them..

Back