• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whats the essentials to an rx1

younggun

Veteran
i think i've pretty much got my summit sold and i know if i do im going to get an rx1 but since i've got to pay my dad the difference ill be really tight on cash but i was wondering what would be the best ways to cheaply lighten up the sled. Or other ways to make it run better. I'm not too concerned about wieght because im used to it but it'd definitly be nice to get it a few pounds lighter. I'm probably going to put in an ac skid once i get my dad payed off this summer so that should help but is there any way that i dont have to get a longer track because i like the 151 a lot but just need a better aproach angle and less wieght. Any ideas

Go with the 141 ac skid. There are several good threads on this. Also several for lightening up. Do a search and you will find most everything you could think of.

I hate to dwell on it but you gotta mod and lighten an RX1 to get it to perform. We rode this weekend with a stock 03RX1, RMK 900-159, 06 rev 800- 151 and and a bunch of older rmk 800's. The guy with the stock 03 RX1 mtn was definitely at the bottom rung. He was having all kinds of trouble. Tipping over, getting stuck, couldn't sidehill, couldn't even get turned around at the bottom of the hill. And the guy wasn't a bad rider. We would jump on his sled to crank it around and it would flop on it's side. When it went over it took three of us to get him back up. Better were the 800 rmks. Then the 800 rev. The highest marks were by our lightenend RX1's and the 900 RMK. When it came to tough climbs through the trees, we were the only ones going still going. The 900 couldn't boondock. All I'm trying to say is that an Rx1 can be the turd or the high mark of a group, depending on what you do to it. Spend 2 K on things that count, not stuff to pimp it out, and you'll have the highmark.

ya im probably going to have to ride it stock for at least a little bit becasue im not sure how long ill have to pay off my dad but as soon as i do the sled will get all my money. I get what your saying about pimping a sled out. One of the rx1's i was gona buy had 1600 into it and all of it were cosmetic like a new stock seat graphics alloy wheels just a whole bunch of junk that doesnt do anything. But i think with about a grand i could have a descent sled between and arcticat skid and a few other things but since you've done this sled twice as soon as i get mine i'll probably have a few questions.

Are you wanting to keep the 151 track or go longer? I am going to a 162 on an AC M7 153" skid and then hopefully gutting the exhaust. These 2 things should drop the weight by nearly 70 pounds. The skid is 30 pounds or so lighter, the track is 9 pounds, and the exhuast is supposed to be 27.

i dont want to go longer because i like to jump and the 162 is probably too much track for me because im only 135 pounds and i dont have the money for a track but definitly a new skid

Southfork Sooner said:
Are you wanting to keep the 151 track or go longer? I am going to a 162 on an AC M7 153" skid and then hopefully gutting the exhaust. These 2 things should drop the weight by nearly 70 pounds. The skid is 30 pounds or so lighter, the track is 9 pounds, and the exhuast is supposed to be 27.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you are not going to loose 70 #'s with those mods. I had a gutted exhaust and it was only 7-8 #'s lighter than stock. I also have a 151" AC skid that was 22#'s lighter that stock. My 162" maverick track is 1# heavier that the 159" track I took off. So with those mods you are going to loose about 30 or so #'s. With that said, these will definately make your sled perform much better, they just will not drop 70#'s off an RX-1. If you do a search on how to lighten up an RX-1 you will find many cheep ways of doing so. lightweight battery relocated, seat, K&N intake filter kit, MPI dropdown brackets, tunnel ext, etc. The 1st 50-55#'s is cheap, the rest can get kinda spendy.

Lite Battery & relocate 10lb, $85
Glass pack under tunnel exhaust 22lb, $71
Tool Box 3.1lb, $0
Light Pod removal 4.6lb, $15
Tuperware airbox 4lb, $4
Tunnel Extension 5lb, $200
Subtotal 48.7lbs, $375
Arctic Cat skid 22#, $300
Total 70.7lbs, $675

Holz Skid 34lbs, $1540

Parking Brake 1lb, Rear Light Assy 1lb, Handle Bar Cover/foam, rear fairings, ...........

Jonny Rocket said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but you are not going to loose 70 #'s with those mods. I had a gutted exhaust and it was only 7-8 #'s lighter than stock. I also have a 151" AC skid that was 22#'s lighter that stock. My 162" maverick track is 1# heavier that the 159" track I took off. So with those mods you are going to loose about 30 or so #'s. With that said, these will definately make your sled perform much better, they just will not drop 70#'s off an RX-1. If you do a search on how to lighten up an RX-1 you will find many cheep ways of doing so. lightweight battery relocated, seat, K&N intake filter kit, MPI dropdown brackets, tunnel ext, etc. The 1st 50-55#'s is cheap, the rest can get kinda spendy.

The track is an attack 20, weighed 8lbs lighter.
The exhaust weighs 7lbs altogether. Stock exhaust came in at 35
The Stock skid was 70lbs and the AC skid is a little under 40
My Ekholm skid is supposed to be under 50lbs but im not sure

so kaches where can i get a glass pack and is it an easy mod to do. I'm pretty sure i found the rx1 im getting so this year im probably only going to do a glass pack and raie the bars then this summer do more. But i dont know what a glass pack is where did you get it and can i get one shipped to colorado

where are you located in Colorado younggun

A muffler shop should be able to get you a glass pack. just tell them its for your sled

soco i live in evergreen but have a cabin right beside rabbit ears so thats mainly where i ride because my dad hates to trialer but as soon as i can drive im gona start learning the state because the ears is all i know

SoCoRX1 said:
Jonny Rocket said:

The track is an attack 20, weighed 8lbs lighter.
The exhaust weighs 7lbs altogether. Stock exhaust came in at 35
The Stock skid was 70lbs and the AC skid is a little under 40
My Ekholm skid is supposed to be under 50lbs but im not sure

You must have a different skid than I do. I have a 151" AC skid and it weighed in at 53 ish #'s. Also he was gutting the exhaust, not putting on a glasspack or single exhaust. My gutted exhaust was 7-8 #'s lighter than the stock 04 exhaust. I still think it is hard to say you are loosing 66 #'s with a skid, track and exhaust. But if you can more power to ya.

Southfork Sooner said:
Johnny,

I am getting the 153" M7 skid, it weighs like 40-41 pounds. Putting in just a silencer is 8 pounds, compared to the 35 pounds of the stock one.

Right on. I guess I was not giving enough credit to these 2 mods. I must have dropped more weight than I thought. I do love the AC skid w/the larger track. It helps a lot in the deep stuff. Have fun w/the new sled.

Back