• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the latest on the under tunnel single exhaust mod?

my single yoshimura exhaust is 6lbs. i have it exiting under the tunnel and definitely noticed some power increase. Sounds sick and all compliments.

Im running the stock airbox.

Trxster, can you post some pic of the Air box Mod.

i Will start my exhaust this week. I bought a universal pipe. 15'' long.

We got 24'' inch of snow in gthe mountain yesterday, it's the beggining of a longggg Party that will last 6 months. :Rockon:

I'll try to post pix....it is very simple though. I just cut out where the air baffle is and made a hole about 8" x 3" so it gets more air. I had to jet up to 165 - 170's and it rips (better than ecp in my opinion).

Rt

Has anyone found a somewhat quiet pipe for under the tunnel yet? If so where did you get it. I wish I had started this project 2 months ago.

I'll let others chime in, but the undertunnel exhausts on our sleds are not that loud. They are similar to stock at idle, and alot quieter than either my old RX1 Whiteknuckle, or Excell exhausts. I've worn earplugs for years on all my stock two strokes (580 Powder Special, doo800) and especially with my aftermarket rx1 exhausts, but not with the undertunnel. The undertunnel is so quiet riding that you can hear all the engine and chaincase whirring. I've noticed my upper chaincase bearing starting to go out twice. It reminds me of the Arctic Cat 660 fourstroke trail I had as far as seat noise. Noise out the back is louder, but not irritating. More of a throaty tone, not a irritating "wing ding" two stroke noise. The fact that it is pointing down, has track, snow and seat to muffle it, seems to help a lot. Not sure why Yamaha continues to dump it out the back and up. It doesn't take advantage of any of the natural noise damping, and if you go with a slightly louder aftermarket exhaust, it is positoned perfectly to rattle your head. Other than the distintive styling I can see no reason.

Thanks Kachess, what brand and model do you use. I have seen your pictures of how you do it, I want to pull mine off and have a muffler shop set one up so that I can just bolt it back on at the clamp.

my Yoshi under the tunnel is VERY loud on the seat. it sounds a little louder than stock when you are watching me ride, but on the seat it is definitely louder than stock.

I have gone to the single exhaust under the tunnel. Its not very loud at all. In the works is moving the battery to where the old muffler used to be. The only issue that I have is that it seems to build up more slush under the tunnel around exhaust port.

Did you have to rejet? I like what Kachess does he has a great explaination of it in another post. Now it is just finding the right pipe that won't be loud and one that I can find locally or someone saying this is the one that works, not loud, easy to install, no problems no messing around.

Back