• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where do I mount Marginal Snow Wheels?

PA_sledder

I have a 05 Rage and am installing a set of Yamaha Marginal Snow Wheels. Can anyone tell me where I mount them, in reference to the 2 front wheels ?

Like Tork said but keep in mind where the grease nipples are so you can reach them all with the wheels in place.

More thoughts
I have used those on vmax sleds and I honestly dont like em. They are little wheels which makes them spin very fast and I have found that the bearings go out real quick.
Install locations. The bend is probably OK as is the very back. But anywhere else could be a problem with the torsion spring or other components being in the way for full suspension travel.

So here is what I would do first. Add these to your existing wheels.
http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com/clea ... 210_1.aspx
they are off the RX 1 section, make sure they fit your sled.
Plus if your wear is at the back, go with a 4th wheel kit

On my Vector just about all of the wear is in the rear with the worst just in front of the rear wheel's. I purchased the kit (two wheel's) frome Maxximum performance and they sent instruction's that said to mount with a gap of 3.25" frome the white plastic on the rear of the rubber botom stoper's to the front of the mounting block for the new wheel. At this point it look's like they will make a big difference in slide wear, I road on an almost bare road for about a 1/2 mile at 60 MPH or so and they did not even get warm.

By the way Yamaha has what look's like the identical kit for $69.00, I paid $79.00. They are the urathane wheel's. kviper

kviper said:
By the way Yamaha has what look's like the identical kit for $69.00, I paid $79.00. They are the urathane wheel's. kviper

I am going to buy some this week.. Do you need to drill holes or anything like that? Could you maybe post a picture... "peeeeze. :D Do they go inside or outside of the rails????????? Thanks. MM

Yes you need to drill holes,Pilot then i think 3/8 and the ones in the rear as i talked about go on the outside of the rail. I have to figure out how to post pic's yet, Sorry computer's are not my main bag. Hope this help's. kviper

I put on the yamaha wheels about 4.5" back from the bottom stopper. You have to drill a hole in the rails and mount to the outside of the rails. Can't remember hole size but install was easy. Rode over 500 miles this past weekend with very little wear to hyfax. This was a big improvement over the first 500 miles, in which I had to replace hyfax due to excessive wear at the rear. Didn't ride in marginal snow this last 500 but new wheels should help in general. Also run track as loose as possible, without ratcheting to improve overall. I think I paid $63 at dealer for wheels. Hope this helps.

Hard to say, I don't think it felt or sounded any different. Then again, I'm deaf in one ear and probably couldn't tell any how. :(

Back