• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's getting NOS and which system and why????

You sure about that blow-ff psi of 1350? My Carbon fiber Boondockers bottel clearly shows 3,000 psi on the blow off valve. I have had my bottle pressure get as high as 1450 psi on the DEEP powder days when the snow is level with the windshield all day long. Just cant keep it cool enough under the hood. I just shut my bottle valve off and dont have any problems. ===SRXSRULE===

NOS-PRO said:
asrx600guy - I have had many bottles blow the pressure disc, and I can't believe a nitrous bottle would do this damage.
1st) Nitrous is not flammable
2nd) ALL Known Nitrous Company nitrous tanks and bottles have pressure discs that blow at 1,350 lbs. to ensure bottle failure.
3rd) If you hook up a bottle heater directly to the battery power, instead of ported thru the fuseblock, you will have the pressure disc blow.
4th) If the pressure disc blows, (and I am known for heating bottles up too much) The difuser has 3 directions of spray, so the bottle will not spin, tumble, or go skyrocketing into another zip code.

I have been running Nitrous on everything for 16 years. This does NOT make me the best, or the king of Nitrous! This is from tru testing, bottle disc failures, and no engine problems!

If this would be that dangerous, I would not want it on anything I ride, race or joyride. My point is: This could have happened from an electrical fire, or puncture of the gas tank, or gas fumes. If the bottle lets go then, I can see where it would add a %^&*(^ of Oxygen & nitrogen to the explosion, but not by itself. And definetly would have never happened if installed correctly, and mouted correctly.

Just because there is a movie called the FAST & FURIUOS, everyone thinks they can outrun police, and hit the button at 180mph. Some things are NOT true!!! I am telling the fact about what I install, and use on a regular basis. (This is not a %^&*( session, just fact!)

Nitrous Oxide Systems bottle. Might be different with the newer bottles, and will check into it.

CF bottles are made to withstand that pressure, thats why we used them paintballing, carry 2-3x as much volume as aluminum.

I have Holtzman on my sled, because thats what we sell, and it is a real blast in the hills. WOT, when you feel the sled slowing down, touch the button and it feels like 2 more cylinders kicked in.

someone BUY MY SPARE KIT!
before I do something silly, like run 2 of them, I already have 2 bottles mounted, anway, and a 3rd for a spare.

Freak said:
Boss Noss has solved the heated bottle dilema. You flat out dont need it. Boss Noss is regulated and pressure doesnt affect it. You will get the same hit each time you hit the button until the bottle is down to the last 10%. Then you can shut off the fuel jets and get about 5 hits of noss air for about a 10 hp gain. :D
I make smokin deals to forum members on Boss Noss kits if anyone is interested. I am good friends with the owner of Boss and am very familiar with this kit.
Hi boss,so how much hp,and price per kit otd tax and whatever is needed. :D

SRXSRULE said:
You sure about that blow-ff psi of 1350? My Carbon fiber Boondockers bottel clearly shows 3,000 psi on the blow off valve. I have had my bottle pressure get as high as 1450 psi on the DEEP powder days when the snow is level with the windshield all day long. Just cant keep it cool enough under the hood. I just shut my bottle valve off and dont have any problems. ===SRXSRULE===

NOS-PRO said:
asrx600guy - I have had many bottles blow the pressure disc, and I can't believe a nitrous bottle would do this damage.
1st) Nitrous is not flammable
2nd) ALL Known Nitrous Company nitrous tanks and bottles have pressure discs that blow at 1,350 lbs. to ensure bottle failure.
3rd) If you hook up a bottle heater directly to the battery power, instead of ported thru the fuseblock, you will have the pressure disc blow.
4th) If the pressure disc blows, (and I am known for heating bottles up too much) The difuser has 3 directions of spray, so the bottle will not spin, tumble, or go skyrocketing into another zip code.

I have been running Nitrous on everything for 16 years. This does NOT make me the best, or the king of Nitrous! This is from tru testing, bottle disc failures, and no engine problems!

If this would be that dangerous, I would not want it on anything I ride, race or joyride. My point is: This could have happened from an electrical fire, or puncture of the gas tank, or gas fumes. If the bottle lets go then, I can see where it would add a %^&*(^ of Oxygen & nitrogen to the explosion, but not by itself. And definetly would have never happened if installed correctly, and mouted correctly.

Just because there is a movie called the FAST & FURIUOS, everyone thinks they can outrun police, and hit the button at 180mph. Some things are NOT true!!! I am telling the fact about what I install, and use on a regular basis. (This is not a %^&*( session, just fact!)
>>>>>
WOW : that's not real good < I wouldn't think ? Do you have any other friends that run the nitrous and have it get hot and that high of pressure ? Does cooling it down with snow on the bottle help or the temp just go back up ? Also can you use the system when it get's hot or high pressure , or is it unsafe ? I'd hate to be riding for hours and not pay attention and shoot the juice to it then have it grenade or cause problems because it was in fact at a high temp or pressure ? I'm considering having a Boss Noss set up come on my sled from Outlaw Motorsports something around 50 h.p. but this is the first post i've read with any real concerning information . I've ran it on alot of small block Chevy's and it's an awesome tool when used right ! If you could elaborate on the high pressure issue it would sure make me feel better . :o|

The only time I have ever encountered the bottle getting warm, was in the summer running back to back runs on asphalt, the running the engine coolant temperature to 240 just as I pull into my pit spot. Never had a problem with the blow off disc. On my old systems, where you had to heat the bottle, the blow off disc would let go occasionally.

well as being a newbie.. to nos,,, and making many muckups ,, this explosion may be a rare thing,, what ever NOS PRO says, you can take what he says to the bank!!! he never gave me , or guided me down the wrong path.. and i had many things to deal with,,,, and lots of others that use NOS were very helpful as well,,, so dont worry ,, get a system ,, install it , and if you need help their ALL HEAR ON TOTALLYAMAHA
________
Body science

Back