• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why are Phazer weight specs not posted on Yamaha site?

craze1cars

VIP Member
Indiana, the vast snowmobile-owner's wasteland...
I've heard people throwing around dry weight #'s, and I hear "Johnny whatshisface" on the DVD saying "lightest liquid cooled sled on the planet," but I see no Yamaha spec sheet that backs up these claims....it just says "not available."

Funny part about that is when you look back in prior years at some sled specs on their (RX-1, Warrior, etc.) they have the same stupid "not available" space there as well. Yet you look up an 04 SX Viper and you see 489 lbs. It almost seems as though they pick and choose which sleds they put specs down for....and the embarrasingly heavy ones get a N/A, and the more reasonable ones get a stated weight....I hope Yamaha isn't starting to eat crow on their claim of the Phazer being lightweight. I'd really like to know how much they say a Phazer Mountain Lite weighs when compared to the new Freestyle 550f Backcountry (415)...but I can't find it. I'm guessing it'll be darn close to 500 lbs...

When ever yamah comes out with a new sled they never post the weight's.I think they started doing that around when the viper was intoduced.

One more reason could be because they haven't finalized the tunnel yet.They are working on the gap under the seat.

They are on the Yamaha Canada site.

Go to "technical details" on the left side of the page of the sled you have selected.

Dry weight is in the "critical data" section.

Regular Phazer listed as 454 lbs "dry weight"

Hope this helps.

Dave

Lousy prices but great info from Yamaha Canada.

The dry weights were listed about 2 wks ago , then I looked again and they were gone,but I do remember calculating
the weight to be 98 lbs less than my rage when they were on there.

dave

i thought the weigts for the new sleds were always on the website when you look at the specifications tab for each model.

but when you use the compare models feature the weight isn't always listed.

They were up. Probably took them down until the production model comes out and a firm weight is posted.

Back