• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why Complain!!

newrx1toy2004

Extreme
Unfortunately I have not had the chance to sit or ride on a 2003 RX1 to see why everyone is complaining about how lousey the seat is. My 04 seat suites me just fine and cannot see how they can really improve on it for 05. Just remember the days of the old Johnson's and John Deere's that had 3 inches of foam glued onto a 3/4 inch piece of plywood for a seat, a machine that had absoulutely "NO" suspension, and a candle would produce more light than the headlights 20 years ago. I think the comfort levels on these new machines are awsome, but will anybody really be happy until we get cruise control, 600 watt stereo's, self cleaning headlights, butt warming seats that are pressure controled to increase ride comfort, a horn, turn signals and air bags, and all this on a machine that weighs just over 400lbs. Just my .02 cents. :lol: [/b]

:lol: LOL Good one! I agree with you totally! I've thought the same things, but never posted anywhere.
The snowmobile industry is changing so much every year and yet people are still dissatisfied! Build your own machine then if you think you have all the answers! Sorry, did I say that out loud? Just what I think some times.
I use to have a 1980 Scorpion Whip. It was an awesome sled back in the day, but in 20 years, they have come so far! Any sled you buy now is Way better than anything built even 10 or 15 years ago.
Like you said people want their sled to be everything, yet only weigh 400 pounds. :?

I cant stand my 03 seat. I guess the thing is if you are unhappy, you can do something about it. Everyone has there own comfort level. The thing that bothers me alot about the 03 seat is the crease thats right in the middle of the seat. The more I ride it, the more permanent it becomes. Also to me, its as hard as a brick compared to other brands. Ever ride a Polaris. They use a nice seat. Obviously theres a reason Yamaha has had 3 different seats in 3 years JMO...BBY

BlueByYou2000 said:
I cant stand my 03 seat. I guess the thing is if you are unhappy, you can do something about it. Everyone has there own comfort level. The thing that bothers me alot about the 03 seat is the crease thats right in the middle of the seat. The more I ride it, the more permanent it becomes. Also to me, its as hard as a brick compared to other brands. Ever ride a Polaris. They use a nice seat. Obviously theres a reason Yamaha has had 3 different seats in 3 years JMO...BBY

I totally agree with you about the '03 seat. I loved my Dad's RX-1 enough to order an '05 for next year, but I have to be honest, if it was not for the promise of a better suspension AND a new thicker seat I probably would not have ordered it. I get off my ZL800 Cat and onto his '03 and it feels like I am riding in the Flintstones Car with the concrete wheels and seats and NO suspension. I sure hope they have fixed this by '05!!!

newrx1,

I disagree with you 100%. You may be happy with the 04 seat and that is your opinion. But, the 03 has about as much foam as the 1970 sleds did and the last I checked you could not ride that 1970 at 30-60 mph down trails with 1-3 ft moguls. Then when you sit on a ski doo and feel how comfortable there seats are you wonder what Yamaha was thinking. Lastly, when you pay over $8000 for a sled you expect to have things comfortable.

You can not compare the old sleds to todays new style engineering and comfort levels. I think alot of the complaints are because they took a step backwards instead of forward in designing certain aspects of the sled. In there defense they are fixing them and have not just left them alone and told people to suffer. 04 was an improvement over 03 and 05 I understand so far is even better with a new suspension and seat configuration.

newrx1toy2004 said:
Unfortunately I have not had the chance to sit or ride on a 2003 RX1 to see why everyone is complaining about how lousey the seat is. [/b]

I want a taller - stickier seat for moutain riding. That's the allure of a Boss seat. It's the same for all brands in the west - Boss sells a bunch of seats each year to all 4 brands of MTN riders. Guys have been asking about these seats since the 03's came out - many before even riding their sleds.....

dont

yes to look how far things have came all i have to do is look back humm lets say a few years my first ride was a 1963 ski doo that had nothing no high low beam no sparke advanve and when crossing a hay field it would suck up enuf seeds to weld them to the top of the piston and stop dead i would have to do a moter tear down on the spot scrape the top of the piston off put it back together and go then it would throw a clutch arm out thro the clutch cover and past your left ear about twice a year but it did have rer as with no spark advance i had to put the timeing at tdc if it kicked back when i pulled the rope it would run backwards and at 163cc it was a real perforemer as i receved my first port and polish job wo who. then the real step up was a 67 snow jet 15 hp -69 snow jet 634 hirth 35 hp -70 with a 292 hirth 19hp the ral big step was the 72sst snow jet with a292 yamaha i up dated that one to death with gyt parts then came the srx,s 76-77 those sleds were real performers no ride no compfort of any kind just raw power after that we custom built a few thunder jet useing srx moters built all the cooling systems from sratch hand built the tune pipes those things would run hard and we even had fuel injection we even go tossd out at egle river because of the injection they sayed that was cheating in mod ow well enuf of the memory lane trip note that all of ower stuf was custom built by on ower own porting pipes engines. and it was all alot of fun. after all who eles was running a 73 thunder jet in to the late 80,s 8)

Besides being as hard as a rock the darn 03 seat is soooo wide that you have to be bow legged to get from the front to the back of it.

Jim

:shock: WOW :shock: I didn't expect that much response in such a short time!!! I guess if we all want comfort, we best get our asses down to the local furniture store and purchase a 500.00 couch or buy a new 05 seat is the only option. :lol:

My question is: Will they ever make a sled that accomodates tall riders? People with longer legs, like myself, need raised bars so we can stand easier, and a higher seat so it doesn't feel like we're sitting on the tunnel without one.

I wish I would've gotten a Warrior, I had one of my friends take a picture of me standing next to my sled. :shock: I look like a circus bear standing next to a tricycle :lol: :!: Maybe the added length of the Warrior would offset my height a little.

Anyway, I'm stuck with the '04 Shorty for at least 2 more seasons so I'll have to make it work.

get on a 03 or 04 rx and then sit on a zr800 or 900..

The articcat seats are twice as thick or more...

My butt goes numb when i ride my sled!!

If you think its great then you dont ride as hard or as long as i do..

I will never be happy with any sled!! There is always room for improvements!!

Back