• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wildchild kit or M7 skid?

Jigger

Lifetime Member
If you guys had to choose one which one would you do first? I live in Northern Ontario (not allot of big hill climbs) and ride open areas, rivers,etc. I've already added a couple of inches of foam to my seat, installed MPI alum brackets, 05 mnt ski and 05 clutching. The wildchild kit sounds like its pretty much a straight bolt on but installing an m7 skid sounds a little more labour intensive. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jigger

101_0447.jpg

m7 skid isnt too hard. 2 bolts up front and 2 drop down brackets in the back with bolts.

i would do the suspension first. world of difference.

Unless your getting into some real deep snow and weight is an issue, then only do wildchild(handles much better I hear). If you want to save weight and have a better powder skid do the M7. Not as hard to do as it sounds.

Thanks for the replies I think I'll do the wildchild kit first and keep an eye out for the skid. We don't get the real deep snow here so I'm looking to improve the handling of the sled.

Sounds like yours is an 03' or 04' so I'd personally do the skid first because the skid rides the bumps SO much better. The rider forward might as well be done at the same time but since you asked.

Rt

I agree with Trxter. The Wildchild kit would give you better manuverability and a more Apex/Rev style ride but the M7 skid would shed a few pounds and most likely give you better weight transfer. It depends what your values are. Both are necessary.

The skid can be made to work really well, changed the shocks to Ohlins, I have them on my 03 and they work extreemly well. I use my sled for on and off trail not much in the steep and deep since we really dont get the super deep snow in WI or the UP of Michigan so weight isnt that big of an issue, cant remember ever digging the sled out of more than 3 ft of snow. The proaction skid can be made to work well it just takes some effort. I cant give any input on the cat skid since I have no experience with it, but others seem to like it, just my 2 cents. Oh the only draw back is that Ohlins are pricey, look for a used set and revalve for your riding style.

The skid can be made to work really well, changed the shocks to Ohlins, I have them on my 03 and they work extreemly well. I use my sled for on and off trail not much in the steep and deep since we really dont get the super deep snow in WI or the UP of Michigan so weight isnt that big of an issue, cant remember ever digging the sled out of more than 3 ft of snow. The proaction skid can be made to work well it just takes some effort. I cant give any input on the cat skid since I have no experience with it, but others seem to like it, just my 2 cents. Oh the only draw back is that Ohlins are pricey, look for a used set and revalve for your riding style.

Back