• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield

firefighter

Veteran
Yes I have a 08 vector gt and was wandering which windshield would be the best .Mid or high? I bought the sled at the end of the season last year and haven't ridden it yet.But just by looking at the stock windshield I can see a problem.Thanks

I have just installed the TALL Windshield on my 09 Vector LTX GT and it works just great. If you purchase the YAMAHA accessory one It comes with two support rods that help support it and you will have to drill two holes in the dash for the base of rods.

Aftermarket SPORTECH/COBRA Tall windshields do not come with the support rods.

I understand the MID Windshields from YAMAHA are also taller than the stock one, I didn't know this at the time I purchased the tall one.

The EXTRA TALL Windshield is huge.

Dont know what they offer for the 08's, but on my 05, I had the windshield from a Venture put on mine. THey called it a "tall" windshield. Works good for me.

With the higher seating position, you sit taller on an 08 don't you?

I had a Cobra, It is tall but narrow. It was cold!! Got Yamaha tall and it very warm!! like it a lot!! :-o

Triple X said:
Nice looking windy, does it not keep your hands warm or are the muffs just added protection?[/quote
it does offer more protection for the hands but ive gotten used to the gauntlets,my hands boil with those,plus,here,it is often below 0 to -25 f like it is now]

With the tall windshield on the 08-09 vector, do you HAVE to use the support rods or can you get by without them? I got one off Ebay which this one did not come with the support rods. The price was to good to pass up so I am hoping the windshield will work without the rods. Thanks in advance for the reply.

jat59 said:
With the tall windshield on the 08-09 vector, do you HAVE to use the support rods or can you get by without them? I got one off Ebay which this one did not come with the support rods. The price was to good to pass up so I am hoping the windshield will work without the rods. Thanks in advance for the reply.

I have installed the TALL with support rods. I am told that at extreme speeds the shield folds back with out the rods. however I personally have not seen this.

My 08 gt came with a small shield.What I should be saying is smaller then my old cat sled.I ordered a tall.But the way the weather is here in PA I'm begining to wonder if I'll get to ride my new sled let alone worry about the shield!HA HA

Back