• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winters 1/2 over. What studding is working best on 136"

Lee F

Extreme
Website
northernwarrentrailblazers.snowclubs.com
With all the various discussions and recommendations for studding the 136" ripsaw track, now that everyones had a chance to put some miles on, what has worked and what hasn't ? Most seemed to recommend 1.325 studs up the middle numbering 126 to 162 for safety, and more for more agressive riding. A minority seemed to feel that studding to the edge was better. If you've been riding studded, let us know you're experiences, both good and bad. It will be a great help to those of us who have not yet studded.

Did 162 scattered. Works well but in retrospect wished I would have done all down the middle. I think that I would have been able to kick the rear end around a little more.

Just my .02, but obviously didn't do it both ways to have a good comparison for you.

First time with studs. I did it after reading all of the posts on this site. I did 138 all over. I was told not to do the outside belt, but I did and no issues yet. I ride hard on trails with over 1,000 miles this year. I can't believe anyone would ride a sled of this size wthout studs. We get a great deal of ice in the corners and I go around them like I am nailed to the ground. I can kick the back around alittle if there is some fresh snow. Very happy and would not change a thing. I just might add more to make studs to make for a total of 160+. I hope this helps.

03 extended shorty with 168 1.175 Golddigers down the middle with the 136 Ripsaw. It definately hooks way better than stock however I'm still loosing the holeshot to cats in loose snow conditions. :oops:

Ive riddin my sled studded and unstudded...

Unstudded its great.!!

Studded its great and SAFER!!

I had 162 studs down the middle!!! 3x3x3 i a V pattern 1.370

189 1.4" Extremes some on outside on my RXW 136" and I have great hook up. Go for it stud away!!!!!!!

Lazy Bastard, what damage are you talking about?

I mean that if you rip a chunk out of the outside of the track - its much more likely to leave you crippled than pulling through a stud on the inside. In addition, you are pretty much guaranteed to have to replace the track, whereas a pull through on the inside can more often be ignored.

To weigh in on the centre vs outside discussion...

I have 144 down the middle on my 121" Viper. I am coming up on 6,000 miles.

I have one pulled stud and the damage is very minor. Can't say the same for some of my buddies sleds that pulled studs from the outside.

I believe keeping them down the middle is a good choice based on my experience.

CV

136 STUDDING

2004 BLACK WARRIOR. 108 ROETINS STUDA WITH SPECIAL
PATTERN ALL OVER FOR 660 ICE RACING.
DOING SUPER HOLE SHOTS WITH NO SLIPPAGE.
STUDDED PROPERLY YOU WON.T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT
RUINING YOUR TRACK. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.
I DO RIDE TRAILS AND SO FAR SO GOOD. C U

Back