• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winters 1/2 over. What studding is working best on 136"

I just studded my 03 shorty with 96 roetin hornets at 1.343", with studboy backers. I went down the middle of the track useing a roetin pattern. I got the complete setup from Matt at the Speedshop. So much better now on hard packed and ice. I can go and stop without any worries. Holeshot on hardpacked is way better. I can nail the throttle and still get some slippage but not like before. I guess 96 studs down the middle is the best setup for trail rideing. After the install I had the sled up to 105 and no problems.

All I can say is, I have seen the light. Studs are great if installed right.

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good information. It sounds like I should be studding a 96 down the middle pattern for my kind of riding. Since the 96 is for a 121", how many do I need for the 136"? I noticed that the Woodies Gold Diggers I'm considering come in packages of 24, 96, and 144. Is there a pattern for the 136" that works out to 120 so you don't have to buy extras? Thanks again for all the good information. :D

Back