• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woody's Doolys, Slim-Jims or Stud-Boy Deuce Bars

tapp1

Expert
I currently have 4" Doolys on my nytro now without studs and they were a huge improvement over the stock carbide. I however notice quite a bit of drag with these carbides because they are so deep. Has anyone tried the slimjims or the deuce bars and compared them to a dooly? I really like how the dooly eliminated the darting, but still notice a slight push. I could be wrong, but anytime you try to fix darting, you compromise some turning ability.

Thanks

I had the 8" Doolys last year and switched to the 6" Duece this year. I never tried the Slim Jims but the Duece are 10X better on pavement vs the Doolys. Doolys also had more resistance. I am very happy with the Stud Boy Duece bars. Note that I have 144 studs down the center so this is why I have the longer wear bars.

tapp1 said:
Did you notice better or worse turning capability?

I never ran my sled with anything but the OEM skis and the AM wear bars. I do think that the 8" turned better in loose snow than the 6" but that is likely only because of the extra 2" length. I am happy with my set-up now.

Before all the snow melted I had a local Yamaha mechanic ride my sled and he said it was the best handling 08 Nytro that he had driven. It doesn't dart and goes in the direction you point it...

Ya I was really surprised how much the dooly's really cured the darting. Night and Day over stock. I am thinking of adding 6" Deuces when I stud my sled this summer. I think the deuce bars provide better cornering.

Bergstom's..... End of story... They'll work better than anything else, and probably last as long as you own your sled!
I have them on my all my sleds, and I'll NEVER use anything else..

have a set of duece 9 but havent tried yet cause i am running stud boys dual 7.5 shapers on pilot skis, this change alone has made the sled, realy struggled to stay with all the 800 xp's i ride with now they are struggling to saty with me, will strap on the dueces soon and let u know though

bergstom triple carbides

nate007;

What part number and size do you use on your Nytro? I have a XTX and plan on studding (171 studs) and using Bergstom bars as well. (8" triple???)

lamarwell, Call Scott Bergstrom at 815-654-2950. Tell him your setup and run what he recommends. Been using his stuff for years and he's NEVER steered me wrong (no pun intended LOL)

Back