• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy another viper?

kuvasz

Expert
hey guys,
i run a apex gt ltx with a stage one mpi. i only use it for racing anymore because the ohlins shock needs rebuilding and the bushings keep wearing out. i have a little sdi 600 skidoo i use as my trail machine. it gets me 20(metric)mpg and never causes me any problems(family owned since new). i was thinking of spring ordering a new viper(something close to my apex) because i love the long track and the adjustible ride. my old rx1 got 20mpg but this apex on its best day got 16mpg. i've read where the viper isn't that good on gas either(go figure). doesn't matter i was going to put a mpi supercharger on it right away anyway.
i just wanted peoples thoughts on whom have one. good, bad or indifferent.

Pickup number two today!

Wife loved the Viper LTX so much I had to buy the LTX SE if I wanted to ride one. She bought it for me for Valentines day. Leaving in a few minutes to pick it up!

I would, yes. Mileage on a snowmobile is directly related to your thumb. I'd bet your mileage will be between your Apex and Rx1. I get about the same as my brother did on his RX1 which is closer to 12-13mpg than the 20 you get. Rode 100 miles with my buddies new 800e tech renegade a couple weeks ago and we burnt within 1/10th of a gallon of each other. Love the sled.

I really like my XTX, my next one is probally gonna be a Cat 800 HO

atk07 said:
I really like my XTX, my next one is probally gonna be a Cat 800 HO

If Cat comes out with a turboed sled using Yamaha's engine, would you opt for that instead of the 800? If not, why?

AFTER 1500 MILES THE ANSWER IS NO. THE SLED IS TO SLOW IN STOCK FORM. I will have a new APEX next year to go with my 2006 APEX with 12,000 miles on it, the sled misses it's brother.

I'm not set on one sled company. I like how the 800 runs and lighter, plus 1 mile down the rd is a cat dealer. Miss the 2 stroke and trust a rope more than a battery or starter.

Back