• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Backpack

Brian

Extreme
Has anyone bought or seen the Yamaha backpack up close?

What did you think about it?

Will it hold much for overnight trips?

Is there a better option out there?

Convert said:
Which one are you referring too I have a small one and a really big one the bigger one would hold quite a bit if you were going on a bagger trip.

I am not sure if it's the big one or small one? Probably the small one. I can only find one size and it does not look real big.

The Yamaha part number is SMA-BACKP-AC-00

Thanks,
Brian

I have the red, black and white one. It is awsome. I can hold alot of stuff in it. Everything stayed dry, to. I think I payed around 50 bucks for it. It was very compfy as well. It has a waste strap as well as a chest cross strap. Very sturdy. Many little pockets inside for just about everything.
Just to give you an idea. I carried enough clothes for two days PLUS a set of 8" carbines in it. No problem at all. We were really moving most of the time over moguls and still......NO PROB.

Part# SMB-07QPB-RD-NS ( This is the red one I have)

-1CS

1CrazySledder said:
I have the red, black and white one. It is awsome. I can hold alot of stuff in it. Everything stayed dry, to. I think I payed around 50 bucks for it. It was very compfy as well. It has a waste strap as well as a chest cross strap. Very sturdy. Many little pockets inside for just about everything.
Just to give you an idea. I carried enough clothes for two days PLUS a set of 8" carbines in it. No problem at all. We were really moving most of the time over moguls and still......NO PROB.

-1CS

Sounds like what I would need. Do you have a part number or a link to where you bought it at?

Thanks,
Brian

Ok I will try to go into a dealer and see what they offer. Maybe they have more then I can find online.

I was on South Seattle Sports Yamaha website and they only have one listed.

Thanks,
Brian

Yep, I got the performance backpack. It did look small to me also. But I thought hey for 50 dollars, I'll check it out. It is actually sized perfect. I am 6' 1" and weigh in at 200lbs.

-1CS

I have the small orange yamaha one..

It would hold enough cloths for maybe 2 days best..

It doesnt have a chest stap so its hard to keep in place over the shoulders..

Fly Racing makes a great backpack. Pouches for shovel and probe if your a mountain rider. Also has lots of pockets for all kinds of stuff you carry along on rides. Best thing is even when filled to the hilt with crap its still comfortable.

My new pack is from Walmart.....I found it in the camping/hiking section. It has two front straps, lots of compartments and also a lower back support.

It is very comfortable and price was under $50.00. My shovel fits in it and it has a place on the outside made for the handle already.

(first aid kit, shovel, full bag of trail mix, extra hat, gloves, face mask, hand warmers, 4 days of overnight close like socks,boxers,undershirts, all my other needed items like toothbrush,blabla and still had room)

Back