• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro xtx drivers

yamaha17

I was thinking about putting a 1.75 backcountry track on my sled and was wondering if i could use the stock drivers. If not could u guys give me some of your opinions. Thanks

yup not a problem, my backcountry is loose ight now since its brand new and I havent re-adjusted yet, the track does not ratchet at all. you'll be fine

yamaha17 said:
Thanks . Do u know y some are switching to different drivers

Honestly it might be to run a looser track and help with slide wear but a loose track balloons alot and kills top speed, especially with a big track like the backcountry. My xtx never ratcheted unless the track was stupid loose. I always adjust to the loose end of the yamaha spec and no problems so far. External drivers hurt top speed as well.

Tight track gets best top end but wears sliders at the front rail bend. Loose track wears sliders at the rear & kills top end..been der dun dat.

Turk said:
Tight track gets best top end but wears sliders at the front rail bend. Loose track wears sliders at the rear & kills top end..been der dun dat.
How tight do you recommend running the track?

I don't know about the Xtx but my Fx would ratchet badly unless track was at minimum spec. It was borderline silly. When I put 136 kit on , went with set of wahl drivers as well. Now I never ratchet,no matter how loose i run the track.Years ago I raced against Kirk Hibbert. You should have seen how loose he ran his track! He never had trouble with top end speed! Just thought I'd throw that out there! :rocks:

I run mine pretty loose, hangs enough to stick your hand in. only had ratchet couple times when powering in/out of mud holes compressing leading edge of skid. may tighten a little, added 6 wheels, should be fine

So does anyone know the pitch of the xtx stock drivers is it 3 inch or 2.82 and if 3 inch can a 2.82 pitch track be used on 3 inch... sorry kind of a retard on this subject....

yamahabandit said:
I don't know about the Xtx but my Fx would ratchet badly unless track was at minimum spec. It was borderline silly. When I put 136 kit on , went with set of wahl drivers as well. Now I never ratchet,no matter how loose i run the track.Years ago I raced against Kirk Hibbert. You should have seen how loose he ran his track! He never had trouble with top end speed! Just thought I'd throw that out there! :rocks:

the tracks are a softer compound and much different now than even a decade ago...ballooning is prevelant where it wasnt before...

The short track skid ratchets badly. The xtx suspension does not need anti ratchets 99.9% of the time due to being a lot more efficient.

Turk said:
The short track skid ratchets badly. The xtx takes does not need anti ratchets 99.9% of the time due to being a lot more efficient.

what about with boost

Back