• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Race department input. Read Below

The Phazer is different. Don't change any of the qualities that make it so. Increase durability, decrease weight. Better ball joints and A LARGER LUGGED TRACK. This sled is billed as a free ridin good time. A 1.5 inch lug on the RTX would be well appreciated. Frank.

I think everyone needs to agree we need better access at the oil filter and spark plugs..i mean it really sucks taking all that stuff off...maybe a remote oil filter???

If this was submited to the race department, wouldent theat mean we would see a race sled befor a production sled; or would it be like they nytro, when they put out a RS and PS out at the same time.

Put fox floats in the rear so that we can have better adjustability.

Make is easier to pull the rear shocks.

Add foam to the seat. Or take the present seat hinge the front and install a small air bag suspension to it.

marpolsdofer said:
If this was submited to the race department, wouldent theat mean we would see a race sled befor a production sled; or would it be like they nytro, when they put out a RS and PS out at the same time.

No Yamaha is adiment about racing the same sled that the consumer get

I'm an old-school sno-cross racer from the early 90s and based on my riding experience thus far:

Revised front geomitry. Greater separation between upper and lower arms much like the AC500 will yield much better bump handling, weight transition side to side, and better stability. I would love to see them create alternate shock mounting locations in the front as well for tuning. They could add a second lower cup or revise the upper mount. The shock needs to be more vertical to help stiffen and keep the front flatter in the corner, especially given its tippy demeanor to start with.

How about some optional swaybars, 14mm 15mm 16mm?

The rear suspesion could use better shocks (piggyback please) and more durability (i've not has an issue yet but there are plenty that have). I have no doubts that if Yamaha want to own the 85hp class they could with a few key changes to the Phazer. They can still attack weight without affecting durability. I would bet 470lbs is very possbile with revised exhaust, and a few materials changes.

Also, from a customer support perpective, I'd like to see them contribute information that benfits us the weekend racers in terms of setups, PC3 settings, clutching, etc. There is alot of opinion backed by very little fact. I'd like to see what the yamaha factory would do and how they would set one up (shock oil, shock builds, other suspension tweaks....

Sorry i'm responding late, I presume you'll still be in contact with them. I'd like to see them take all this input, come out with the Phazer II!

Now onto a 120hp version called the Exciter used two 450 motors ;)

Back