• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Your Sleds Saftey...what do you do?

FAMILYMAN

Lifetime Member
I was wondering if anyone looked up somekind of gps unit that can be mounted on there sled...in case of someone stealing or other reasons to search its location?? (left behind in a blizzard?)

Lojack is a motorcycle and vehicle recovery and its cost $700.00 one time fee.

I talked to the rep and they dont do snowmobiles, something about not being able to track vin#s in states that dont register sleds..bla bla..

Insurance is supposed to help me replace a stolen sled. If I were to get a Gemini unit, I think I'd put it right next to the #4 plug coil.

If you ever have to change plugs on an Apex/Attak, you're in for a real treat. People might think you had an accident with all of the plastic laying on the ground.

My sled is on my sled deck with superclamp tiedowns that have a lock in them. It would tak quite a bit of work for somebody to steal my sled esp since the ramps are in the bed of the truck and I just ordered a tailgate locks.

But that Gemini thing is pretty cool

No bubble burst. I said "quite a bit of work". A 36V sawzall would be quite a bit of work IMO.

A sled on a sled deck would be harder to steal than a sled on a trailer.

Insurance is a must regardless of whatever security measures you choose.

rapeape said:
sledskiing, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but with a 36 volt cordless sawzall anyone could walk off with your sled. Keep your insurance paid.

While ANY anti-theft device can be defeated, the experts all agree that anything that slows down or discourages a thief is worthwhile.

Just use the ultimate anti-theft device. This guy even uses it on his Doo. LaLaLa

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 152
  • cover2.jpg
    cover2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 153
I would be afraid my sled wouldn't start after using that anti-theft device! :tg:

sledskiing said:
My sled is on my sled deck with superclamp tiedowns that have a lock in them. It would tak quite a bit of work for somebody to steal my sled esp since the ramps are in the bed of the truck and I just ordered a tailgate locks.

But that Gemini thing is pretty cool

They could just take the whole truck and sleds. With the winter we are having I'm not worried about sleds getting stolen. You can't give them away.

After last year these theives stealing complete units in Canada...trucks trailers and sleds. And no news on recovery.

If someone was to spend the money on tracking, maybe they could get caught.

I wouldnt dought there is a large part-out garage in Canada that someone is breaking the law to make $$.

nb-viper...dont get me wrong. I wasnt pointing fingers at canada. I see quebec listed alot when it comes to stolen sleds in the stolen section and typed canada.

rapeape said:
sledskiing, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but with a 36 volt cordless sawzall anyone could walk off with your sled. Keep your insurance paid.

Have you seen milwaukee 18v steel saw? We use it at work, cut through a 1-½ inch rigid electrical pipe in a few seconds. Between that and a sawsall you could rescue a sled from just about any trailer!

Back