• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 Install

kcusscam

Extreme
Ok, I have come close to retiring my warrior but can't seem to be able to do it so I have conceded that fact and the only option is to replace the skid as I can't take the proaction anymore.

I have read just about every thread here but I have on lingering question that I am sure someone can answer. If I buy the ZX2 with the appropriate hardware what type of install am I looking at. I am hoping it will be a bolt in, or at least close to it. Again this will be the skid with the mounting kit.

Thanks
Jeremy

You will have to drill out and install a number of rivets to install the mount plates, and you will have to drill new holes to relocate the suspension mount points as you just can't use the existing ones.

It's not difficult at all. Just remember to keep all the parts in order, ie. spacers, washers, etc., especially inside of the chaincase.

If you get the back of the sled high enough, you will not have to remove the track or the drive shaft. Just install all the brackets, drill the new mounting holes and install the skid.

I call my Warrior a trail couch, love the skid. I did install extrovert drivers and a new track at the same time.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm me.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Boy did I have a brain fart, no need to tear into your chaincase at all, don't know why I even mentioned that.

Sorry for the mislead.

If you are even remotely handy this install is pretty straight forward. If you have any questions while doing it, post them up. There are plenty of guys on here that have already done this swap.

I myself thought this was going to be harder than it was... keep in mind this is the first sled, I took the skid out/dropped the chain-case out also drive-shaft and reinstalled them all with out a problem. For the few questions I had guys on here answered easily.

Just follow directions closely and don't take any short cuts.

subaru2006

(I took chain-case and drive out because I went to a 144")

Grimm said:
You will have to drill out and install a number of rivets to install the mount plates, and you will have to drill new holes to relocate the suspension mount points as you just can't use the existing ones.

It's not difficult at all. Just remember to keep all the parts in order, ie. spacers, washers, etc., especially inside of the chaincase.

With that said I am assuming you can use the existing holes as reference points. The track will need to come off as it is ripped and the front exchange will need a patch. What is the consensus on the ice ripper or other pre-studded?

Jeremy

The mount kit will help you get these reference points, just read the directions carefully.

Regarding the track upgrade, I have the Ice Ripper XT and am very happy with it. While not as aggressive as my previously studded Vector with 144 studs, it does provide enough traction and safety on icy trails for stopping. Forget about a head to head race on ice against a studded sled though.

Another plus with the prestudded track is no more maintenance tightening/replacing/realigning studs and no more risk to the exchanger.

Back