• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody install tunnel protecters yet?

buyrite01

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder
If you have what was your thoughts? Any pictures what is the glue for or supposed to do?

i'm using doo one ,better protectors .glue stops them from rattling .

if it is for rattling why not just use 100 percent pure silicone caulk?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the picture of protector

I'm having my dealer do it, since I have not ever installed protectors before. I'm mechanically challenged anyway. I do plan to actually install the studs myself, however.

What's involved in installation? Do you have to drop the skid to get them in there?

When I called my dealer he haven't installed any of these new model.

I picked up my sled yesterday. They did not have the Yamaha version of the tunnel protectors, BUT they did have the Cat version that's goes on T CAT . I did buy them and have not opened the box yet. The dealer has not installed any yet also. I also picked up a rear cargo bag(Cats version also) really finished the sled nicely. Will post when I get a chance.

What's involved in installation? Do you have to drop the skid to get them in there?
Dealer told me basically needed snow flap off and slide in. Sounded too easy. So, I told him they better do it. Lol. When things sound too simple, they usually are not.

Wouldn't you have to drill out and replace rivets to remove the flap? If that's the case they should have been done at the factory.

No need to remove flap. What I still don't understand where or what to do with this little black screws?

drill the tunnel rivetsout from up top the tunnel and screw into the protectors...that was the setup on the 16'

Back