• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody install tunnel protecters yet?

If you don't need to remove the flap I will do it myself. Seeing I would have to go to a cat dealer anyways to get them... If the flap has to come off then I will have to have the dealer do it. I am having them put on the blue flap anyways. Do you guys think I will need them if I put on a 1.22" Ice Attack XT?

They only cover the very rear cooler and there is 3 aluminum pcs to go on with glue and 3 little black screws?

Probably covering his back side and maybe $$$ ...ballooning wouldn't effect the back where the exchanger is..

Simple to install. You put the glue on them then slide them in from the front side of the heat exchanger. The large hole goes toward the back. Slide them back so they are past the back of the exchanger. Install screw through the large hole all the way into the protector till snug. Slide them back toward the front till the screw hits the back of the exchanger. Let them dry. The screw acts as a stop against the back of the exchanger to keep them from sliding forward. The screw DOES NOT screw into anything except the protector.

your right,as simple as that.you just slide them from the front to the rear,no need to remove the snowflap.

Yep...for me..I screwed the screws in first...then backed them out...glue, slide...slide all the way past the cooler...the bottom out the screws...slide forward...

I heard of a guy who thought he was past enough and actually ended up screwing into the end weld

did mine tonight,after installing the self tapping screw into each slide,it was just slide it into place tighten down screw till slide don't move and wola done,well for now,i do have epoxy to apply after I race next weekend.

did mine tonight,after installing the self tapping screw into each slide,it was just slide it into place tighten down screw till slide don't move and wola done,well for now,i do have epoxy to apply after I race next weekend.
Like I said before that screw shouldn't be holding the protector on the sled. It just buts up against the back of the exchanger to keep it from sliding forward. The apoxy is what holds it in place.

20161119_195207.jpg

Back