• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Belt

Gentlemen,
My apologies in reference to a post I made last night that was false and untrue. I commented that I had no evidence of secondary spring coil bind and I would like to set the record straight. Two weeks ago, I went riding and hit low 120's several times. Upon arriving home, I took clutches apart and found no evidence of spring coil bind. Apparently, I wasn't going fast enough..........Last weekend I went riding and hit 125-126 half a dozen times and had no belt issues, therefore ASSUMED I had no coil bind based on my findings the week before.

Well today, I finally had a chance to disassemble clutches and inspect.......to my dismay.....blatant evidence of coil bind!!! I feel like a turd !!!

Part of resolving these issues is putting our heads together and reporting facts based on testing, to which I have failed. My sincerest apologies for dropping the ball. MODERATORS, PLEASE DELETE THAT POST SO NOBODY GETS STEERED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!

Moving forward, I have since shimmed helix 90 thousands, wound the tension to 70 degrees, and will retest. Nos Pro.......sorry I doubted the facts you stated and I still look forward to hearing any results from the viper secondary.

No worries man....we are good! ;)!

Just like jonlafon1 says...you set it straight. Takes a big man to admit that and post about it.

We are all here to help one another. Best site ever!

As for roller spot and broken belt go with a 41/37 helix at 3/3, will reduce belt tension and heat! The stock 35 helix on the secondary clutch is not the proper helix! With that set up never broke a belt, and trust me I ride my sled extremely hard!

As for roller spot and broken belt go with a 41/37 helix at 3/3, will reduce belt tension and heat! The stock 35 helix on the secondary clutch is not the proper helix! With that set up never broke a belt, and trust me I ride my sled extremely hard!
Dalton?

200 mile day yesterday. A lot of grade trails / fast hard pulls. Straight 38 helix works awesome. Little lazy in the middle but weight adjustments will solve that. VERY happy with my clutching with this helix. Better then stock and very trail friendly. Had to drop the middle hole of the heavy hitter weights. I agree with belt heat being LESS WITH MORE HELIX ANGLE. I had less belt dust also!

I have 250km on my sled, haven't blown a belt yet. Just wondering about clutch heat. Did two back to back runs wide open throttle for a decent distance stopped and checked the clutches, I could hold my hands on them for like 15 seconds but they were pretty hot. I read some could hold there hand there as the clutches were just warm. I'm running stock clutching and 8jp belt. I have helix shimmed, is there anything that can be done to make clutches run cooler?

1250 miles blew oem belt today.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Fourth belt blow and one primary spring 1700km/1050miles. Oujeah...

3 DN and 1 JP and JP blowing before 60 miles...

Fourth belt blow and one primary spring 1700km/1050miles. Oujeah...

3 DN and 1 JP and JP blowing before 60 miles...
I'm sure youve checked your offset? Is the shim on the jack shaft behind the clutch ?

70mph rolling over hills. Matted it. She peeled the top off.

That is usually a heat issue. Were your clutches hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barely warm too the touch. I was thinking of changing it as it didn't feel like it was 100%. New belt and it feels good again. Will probably shim the secondary when I bring it home this weekend.

Back