• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Belt

Thanks. Thats why i did it a couple times. Kinda tricky holding everything in place and taking a picture. I havent ran it with the shim behind secondary yet. Might tighten up the osp adjuster a bit to bring the 8dn up a bit.
If your looking to bring the 8DN up a bit higher in the secondary like up higher over top of sheave edges, you will need to loosen your adjuster(turn it counterclockwise).. VS turning it clockwise will push sheaves apart or make belt ride LOWER in secondary

If you do this keep a eye on your rollers and if they pull off the helix > when you change deflection

If your looking to bring the 8DN up a bit higher in the secondary like up higher over top of sheave edges, you will need to loosen your adjuster(turn it counterclockwise).. VS turning it clockwise will push sheaves apart or make belt ride LOWER in secondary

If you do this keep a eye on your rollers and if they pull off the helix > when you change deflection
Thanks will watch the rollers. Already have one that isn't tight. Ya think a different helix and rollers will make them roll true?

As for roller spot and broken belt go with a 41/37 helix at 3/3, you might have to play with your primary weight but it will reduce belt tension and heat! The stock 35 helix on the secondary clutch is not the proper helix! With that set up never broke a belt, and trust me I ride my sled extremely hard! I will ride this set up until G force will have their 4D program for 12 lbs boost with proper primary weights!

Thanks will watch the rollers. Already have one that isn't tight. Ya think a different helix and rollers will make them roll true?
Not so sure about that. Example. Another member and myself both purchased STM straight 38 helix. He installed his and had two rollers not touching..
I installed mine and running a 8JP belt 1/16 or so under the sheave tops for deflection its almost as good as anyone could want. I have two that are extremely tight and one that is pretty tight(BUT ALL THREE touching).

these Secondary's are very inconsistent

So do we think the 8jp being shorter is breaking in half, due to it being too short?

and the 8dn therefore wont snap?

I can see running an 8dn then for day to day, then slapping in a 8jp for radar day for the extra 3mph.

Or is the snapping of belt gonna always happen when running 15psi?

the 8JP sure is a dirty belt compared to the 8DN. blowing belts and the carnage that comes with it sure isn't worth 2-3mph top end to me!

My sled is going to the dealer for a new primary clutch. Belt blowing and do some damage!

Went to my dealer last week and asked mechanic if yamaha has fix for belt issues. He told me yamaha is not aware of any problems because people blow belts, replace, and don't say anything. He encouraged me to call customer service and complain so they are aware of the issues. This will give them the knowledge they need to come out with a fix.

Do yourselves a favor....if you've blown a belt call yamaha customer service and report it: 1-800-962-7926

I was at the dealer today to see about the belt issue. The manager called Yamaha, they told him the issue is when the belt is cold. On cold mornings you should warm the belt for the first 10 kms. Seems A bit of a shot in the dark too me.

The dealer took the sled and checked to offset and center to center. All was good.

Back