• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

Is anyone not getting flat spots with stock rollers?
Can the roller pins be removed with secondary all assembled on sled? Looks like I need to take helix off to removed spring?
Sorry for dumb question.

Stock rollers 1700 miles no flat spots

Stock rollers 1700 miles no flat spots
That's great!.. Curious how tight do you run your belt? Like your belt deflection? Is your belt up really high in secondary? What belt you running? You stock boost? Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you!

That's great!.. Curious how tight do you run your belt? Like your belt deflection? Is your belt up really high in secondary? What belt you running? You stock boost? Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you!
Stock no tune run 1/16in down in secondary shimmed helix and running 6-1 setting, changed my belt out at 1100miles just because but it looked great. I have a BTX LE so I get 50/50 on and off trail and ride hard on trail my clutches run cool no complaints here but could use more finish angle in helix Rpms drop some haven't decided on a clutch kit yet

I think the secondary works better when you keep belt deflection down like yourself.. Hence your 1/16 down below sheaves.
Even a smidge more then 1/16 is okay IMO..
Just a theory I have about the rollers and contacting the helix ramps..
IT seems to me 6/1 setting on spring and the belt riding below secondary sheaves is BETTER..
I think some including myself WERE or are trying to get that belt to ride up to high over the sheaves, and I believe this causes the rollers to be even further off helix ramps.. Just my opinion

Thanks for the INFO DieselXTX.

Last edited:
Just trying to decide if i am going to swap them out before loading up the trailer. My belt rides just like diesel describes.
If the rollers are not flat, don't sweat it.. Can you pull secondary off machine and work on it where your headed?. Its simple working on these secondary's once they are off machine.. If your not comfortable doing it and they are not flat spotted bad > leave them

I service the bearings on my Attak every season so I'm cool taking it off. I've just never cracked a primary secondary chancase or valve cover otherwise I've fixed most other things.

It seems some think the torlon rollers are smoother and maybe that's just because they changed out flattened rollers. I expect to be at 1st service after my next ride opportunity and my dealer does that for free (besides fluids) so I may let them ride.

I service the bearings on my Attak every season so I'm cool taking it off. I've just never cracked a primary secondary chancase or valve cover otherwise I've fixed most other things.

It seems some think the torlon rollers are smoother and maybe that's just because they changed out flattened rollers. I expect to be at 1st service after my next ride opportunity and my dealer does that for free (besides fluids) so I may let them ride.
IMO remove the secondary and change the rollers on the bench, less chance of dropping a bolt or pin in the sled.

I'm running 6-1 no shim. Seemed to be working really good but yesterday is chopped a belt clean in half.

Other then the belt 6-1 with cat rollers has been good.

I'm running 6-1 no shim. Seemed to be working really good but yesterday is chopped a belt clean in half.

Other then the belt 6-1 with cat rollers has been good.
Which belt did you pop?
Clean break is likely primary pulling and pulling and the secondary cant give anymore(bind).
Just so little room between those secondary spring coils. Maybe try shimming ?

Which belt did you pop?
Clean break is likely primary pulling and pulling and the secondary cant give anymore(bind).
Just so little room between those secondary spring coils. Maybe try shimming ?
8jp belt

I might shim it. But I like the idea of a new helix.

I will have a new helix once a proven angle is out but for now 3 washers does the trick and holding 106mph on my BTX is fully shifted out and belt looks great.
8jp belt

I might shim it. But I like the idea of a new helix.

Are you just giving Hauck a free plug. If I am not mistaken Thunder Products are $45 so you sure didnt look all that hard.
I did look at every roller I read about here, and they were all 79 to 89 bucks.....

Just was surprised someone had some much cheaper....My bud had already bought them, did not even know Hauck was still around these days.

Sorry bout the post, I will remove image Tom.

Clipboard01.jpg

Back