• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

He is out in B.C. They are $85cdn for 3 or $69 if your order more than one set. You can order them online from his website.

He is out in B.C. They are $85cdn for 3 or $69 if your order more than one set. You can order them online from his website.
thanks I just found it online too...

It is a nice alternative for CA buyers, the exchange rate up here is taking a dump more and more.

Dan

i wonder if heat causes it after the sled is stopped? seems they would have to get pretty hot. or excess torsion? these are too new to be dirt binding them for everyone. i have a microscope at work that i may be able to use to get pics of my stock ones, and the cat ones i replaced. i can see damage starting at 45 miles on cats with magnifier glass. have to get good look at ulmers with 185 miles on them.......

i wonder if heat causes it after the sled is stopped? seems they would have to get pretty hot. or excess torsion? these are too new to be dirt binding them for everyone. i have a microscope at work that i may be able to use to get pics of my stock ones, and the cat ones i replaced. i can see damage starting at 45 miles on cats with magnifier glass. have to get good look at ulmers with 185 miles on them.......
850 miles on my cat rollers now and they look like new. I am not easy on my machine either.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

that would be a solid theory, but Im not sure cause the clutches on these seem to run very cool to warm at best...nowhere near what I would call hot. Like my doo.

They seem to be very light on material, meaning I could sand out the flat spot so easily with emery only...Its not like the material other rollers ive messed with are made from.

I would guess yammie replacements when they come, will be diff material for sure.

Guys how's this theory? Take your spring out of your helix and then put your helix back on the sheave , then spread your sheave out and back in, watch how your roller responds to the ramp, the roller gets forced outward or inward depending on on what direction the sheave and helix are moving, the roller doesn't run parallel to the ramp, they seem to drag slightly sideways. Could the side pressure of the roller be binding on the sheave housing not letting the roller spin freely on the ramp?

IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG
Yamaha replacement rollers should be at your dealer now. Picked mine up today. Leaving the Ulmer rollers in and will keep these for spares.

No #*$&@...same here, got Hi Torque rollers coming. Now Yammie comes with a fix? GRRR

Can you snap off a few more pics different angles? Hard to tell what type of design these are.

Dan

Back