• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS mount on Viper

TD Max

Lifetime Member
I ordered a Ram handlebar mount and plan to run my Nuvi with VV mapping chip in it. I started mocking it up on the RH side and I'm not really sure I'm going to like it there.

Looking at the Skidoo glove box extension to mount a GPS I got to thinking maybe a mount like the OSP gauge mounts and mounting just above the OE gauge head?

Here is a pic of mine mounted above the gauge. It was before I got the higher windshield. Can't beat this location IMO as you can view the GPS and keep you eyes on the trail. I used the RAM mount and have it hard wired to the battery as well.
IMG_0079.JPG

Here is a pic of mine mounted above the gauge. It was before I got the higher windshield. Can't beat this location IMO as you can view the GPS and keep you eyes on the trail. I used the RAM mount and have it hard wired to the battery as well.
View attachment 100032
What model garmin is that?i have a handheld one that's water resistant but screen is a little too small

I put mine slightly to the right and then down low. It's out of the way, readable, and doesn't stand up high on the handlebars.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 851

Would you have any details on the mount and how you attached it? I really like the simplicity and my 255W should fit well.

It's between the top dash location and frenching into the handlebar pad and cover.

Last edited:
I ordered a Ram handlebar mount and plan to run my Nuvi with VV mapping chip in it. I started mocking it up on the RH side and I'm not really sure I'm going to like it there.

Looking at the Skidoo glove box extension to mount a GPS I got to thinking maybe a mount like the OSP gauge mounts and mounting just above the OE gauge head?
How do you like the VV mapping? I have sled gps and they are no longer around and was thinking maybe I should update.

View attachment 100032
Vector, that looks perfect, well done! Can you give us any more information on your dashtop mount? What RAM base did you use, and how and where did you attach it to the dashtop? (screws, adhesive?)

yes more info please i really like over the gauge set up

X2 . I am going to mount a montana 600 t and I like the above gauge set up .... Vector please do tell !!!!!

How do you like the VV mapping? I have sled gps and they are no longer around and was thinking maybe I should update.

I never got the VV mapping on the trails, but I've had it on the road and see all the trails. I talked with Jeramey Valley via email and phone. Very down to earth guy and quite knowledgeable. Good legend of updates posted on his site working directly with many clubs and open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Back