• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS mount on Viper

I've got the VV mapping in my GPS. Love it, no issues and the trails are spot on. It's nice to see parking and gas areas identified too.

Last edited:

I've got the VV mapping in my GPS. Love it, no issues and the trails are spot on. It's nice to see parking and gas areas identified too.
Same here. I use my VV Mapping in my Garmin and absolutely love it. Trails are spot on!

gps-mount.jpg

I mounted mine directly to the back side of the riser.

Anywhere forward of it and I hit it on the climbs locking the screen up. Anywhere on the dash they usually shake so much it is hard to read. I can easily see the gauges over it from a sitting position.

It is a 4" Garmin Montana.

Vector, that looks perfect, well done! Can you give us any more information on your dashtop mount? What RAM base did you use, and how and where did you attach it to the dashtop? (screws, adhesive?)

Next weekend I can get some pics for you up close on the mount as I am switching windshields and this area will be in clear view. I did it last year so the details are a bit fuzzy. If I recall it was the RAM 1" ball diamond base with either the double socket arm or short double socket arm. The cradle is a Garmin kit that comes with the power cable, see pic. The base is mounted with small bolts through the plastic dash in front of the gauges.
cradle.JPG

View attachment 100042

I mounted mine directly to the back side of the riser.

Anywhere forward of it and I hit it on the climbs locking the screen up. Anywhere on the dash they usually shake so much it is hard to read. I can easily see the gauges over it from a sitting position.

It is a 4" Garmin Montana.
Wavemaster, a very nice mount for the Montana. I am looking at the Montana for my Viper as well. Can you give us the mount details? Is it a RAM mount; what base did you use and how is it secured to the riser? Would love to have the information so I can get mine ready to go!

Ram mount
Small 2 screw base
Short extension

I drilled the bottom hole and went through an existing opening in the riser for the top screw. I used a backer plate behind (inside riser) to screw into. Then I zip tied it tight to ensure it would not vibrate or shake independently from the riser.

On mine I powered it full time so it will always be on regardless of the ignition, this way you can start and stop without needing to boot it up also it will keep the backlight on for maximum low temp use and to keep precipitation from freezing on it.

I love the Montana - with the ability to save multiple profiles (snowmobile, motorcycle, quad etc) and the maps that go with them it is hands down the best unit for me. Pricey, but good.

gps-mount2.jpg

Ram mount
Small 2 screw base
Short extension

I drilled the bottom hole and went through an existing opening in the riser for the top screw. I used a backer plate behind (inside riser) to screw into. Then I zip tied it tight to ensure it would not vibrate or shake independently from the riser.

On mine I powered it full time so it will always be on regardless of the ignition, this way you can start and stop without needing to boot it up also it will keep the backlight on for maximum low temp use and to keep precipitation from freezing on it.

I love the Montana - with the ability to save multiple profiles (snowmobile, motorcycle, quad etc) and the maps that go with them it is hands down the best unit for me. Pricey, but good.

View attachment 100143
Very nice; neat install, and should be in a perfect position for riding. Thanks for the picture and details, that will be very helpful, and I anticipate duplicating your work!

Same here. I use my VV Mapping in my Garmin and absolutely love it. Trails are spot on!
Thanks. I will probably try that out.

Next weekend I can get some pics for you up close on the mount as I am switching windshields and this area will be in clear view. I did it last year so the details are a bit fuzzy. If I recall it was the RAM 1" ball diamond base with either the double socket arm or short double socket arm. The cradle is a Garmin kit that comes with the power cable, see pic. The base is mounted with small bolts through the plastic dash in front of the gauges.
View attachment 100053

Here are some close up pics of the mount. You need to shim the diamond base mount with a small washer as a spacer as the mount will ride on the ridge of the plastic.one.jpg two.jpg three.jpg

I ended up mounting mine like Wavemaster did only I went to the rear side of the riser. It comes up about flush with my LE riser pad. I have a 3" c to c Ram mount and may try backing it down to a 2" unit. I still need to get my backer for the upper bolt, but I think I'm going to like it there.

Back