• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Icing Issue Solution

Yes I have a few gallons of fluid film here at the shop. Never thought of that. Will have to give it a try thanks for the info

Hi guys

I'll ask the stupid question of the day here.
What are you guys accually putting the fluid film on ?
Inside tunnel walls?
Or all Suspension pieces

I can see it working

Since not all crazy carpets are created equal, for those that are interested in this idea, I found a thicker, stiffer, longer Yamaha blue version at our local ToysRus made by Gracious Living, model 3022 for just over 2 bucks Cdn. DSC03612.jpg

Reactions: mp5
Jason22

I spray quite liberally under the back end of tunnel, and sides...right up to and around the exhaust. Works well.

I was having the icing issue as well, and I sprayed WD-40 all up in the rear of the tunnel, and it kept the tunnel from icing up! If that stops working though, I may have to try this.

I have used fluid film, it works well. Great product. I used it on a 2003 toyota tacoma i purchased new. The truck chasis is still great and they were famous for rust, even had a recall for it. I had the truck for 7 years and step father has had it ever since.

I've been spraying my under tunnel with graphite spray once a year and basically eliminated any ice build up.

fluid films seems to work.bought the crazy carpet but don't think im even gunna mess with it know

I'm up in Gaspe all this weekend. Really nice snow conditions from what we've seen so far. Sprayed my tunnel w FF yesterday b4 we drove up. Will let ya's know how it does at the end of the day. -6 C here is the day's forcast.

So 150 miles today in lots of nice loose snow on the trails. And some off trail in 3 feet of powder. These are a couple pics from around 100 miles, and at the end of the day. I sprayed FF in my tunnel over a day and a half ago

Hmm...pics won't load fr my cell. Will try again later

Success w upload. Had to be back home to work I guess. So this pic is after 2 fays and over 300 miles of Gaspe snow. Fluid Film sprayed on Friday morning, and rode all Sat and Sunday.

Attachments

• 20170121_182252.jpg
    20170121_182252.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 113
This works very well

Attachments

• Shield 04.PDF
    79.9 KB · Views: 71

Back