• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE Break in time, top speed and top RPM

If you have heavy steering, which is probly the number one complaint on here in stock form, you will be robbing speed up top.
Hi Guys

There are lots of variation in speeds reported. I have about 450 miles on my stock LTX-SE across the lake with some light snow I am maxed at 103 @ 8250 rpm temp in the 30's. My belt and clutches look good and no flat spots on secondary rollers. Just curious as to how people are reaching 120 stock.........................

My top speed so far is 120 bone stock no flat spots on my rollers 1100 miles still on original belt ran with 6 Polaris 800's and one 800 cat, not even close. Still looking for that 850 Skidoo. My last sled was a 2012 Apex that was even with the fastest 800 in our bunch!

My top speed so far is 120 bone stock no flat spots on my rollers 1100 miles still on original belt ran with 6 Polaris 800's and one 800 cat, not even close. Still looking for that 850 Skidoo. My last sled was a 2012 Apex that was even with the fastest 800 in our bunch!
That's impressive. Which model? Seems to me I've heard higher speeds on the SE models.

I have been up to 129 gps on the stock gears. This on plowed ice. That is really the absolute end of stock gearing. So clutches were shifting completely out. And still original belt. About 650 miles now...and although I don't go beating on it looking to try and blow a belt...I don't take it easy either.
I also have 650 miles on my LTX LE , had to replace the belt , as I drove it with the parking brake on , and created a flat spot !
Dummy me !

Hi Guys

There are lots of variation in speeds reported. I have about 450 miles on my stock LTX-SE across the lake with some light snow I am maxed at 103 @ 8250 rpm temp in the 30's. My belt and clutches look good and no flat spots on secondary rollers. Just curious as to how people are reaching 120 stock.........................
Very similar to mine. 8400 rpm. 106 max every time. 430 miles. No belt or roller issues yet. Dealer wrapped secondary to 70 and shimmed clutch at first service. Haven't been able to ride again yet.

studs,or no studs ?

LTX-LE, 1,465 miles, Ice Attack XL track. Max speed has been 109 GPS/114 Speedo several times. Top RPM 8900. Blew one belt so far while cruising at 85-90. Snapped it, not shredded, clutch and driven warm to the touch, rollers looked good, 1,029 miles. Lovin it so far, coming off of 08 Apex LTX.

Just got back from st.raymond Canada, 106 on speedo on my ltx.. Friends are all saying 114-116 I'm not even close .. Doesn't even feel like there's anything left.. 755 miles original belt ... Any thoughts? Also ran out of gas 83 miles( my gas gauge isn't working either ) Yamaha has no answer for that either

Just got back from st.raymond Canada, 106 on speedo on my ltx.. Friends are all saying 114-116 I'm not even close .. Doesn't even feel like there's anything left.. 755 miles original belt ... Any thoughts? Also ran out of gas 83 miles( my gas gauge isn't working either ) Yamaha has no answer for that either
Are your friends running LTX-LEs as well? Are you all stock? I personally think the SEs are faster on top from the reports here. I wouldn't be too concerned as it seems what you are at currently and mileage (as in break in) is probably comparable to other LTX-LEs. I'm hoping for more myself after the 1000 mile mark. What's your Rpms?
The fuel mileage is definitely an issue, though. I have gotten 14 mpg and at least 100 miles on a tank (probably 110 even too, but wasn't paying attention. )

Last edited:
My SE stock did 118mph gps (121 speedo) on snow. Since tune it's obviously much faster...but I did put 116 miles on a tank...fast trail riding last week. Took 32.2 liters to fill. Something up with yours for sure

Friend and I took a Sidewinder LTX-SE 137 for a test ride from the local dealer. Buddy brought it up to 115 mph on speedo in wet snow conditions and over not that long of distance. I seen 110 and shut it down. Hardest pulling trail sled I've been on.:)

Back