• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE Break in time, top speed and top RPM

I've seen 120 on my 137 LTX SE. Could only good get 113 last weekend in heavy wet snow but in was enough to spank a Skidoo 850 and some cocky Polaris 800's that aren't so anymore. I let them all get a good head start also. the 8.9 gallon gas tank is not so good

I've seen 120 on my 137 LTX SE. Could only good get 113 last weekend in heavy wet snow but in was enough to spank a Skidoo 850 and some cocky Polaris 800's that aren't so anymore. I let them all get a good head start also. the 8.9 gallon gas tank is not so good[/QUOTE

I have put more then 8.9 gallons during fill up so I am thinking they must be 9.8 in size?

That's 3 SEs in the past few posts that are supporting the theory they are faster than the LTX-LEs.
Any stock LTX-LEs out there that are getting top speeds past 108 mph?

Yeah but snow conditions are a major factor. 120 on speedo was my best and that was fast conditions with about 1" of meal on top. Slight downhill slope less than 1/4 mile. That day mine fell on it's face at 115 and then gave me 1 mph at a time. Midrange is impressive though for a stocker.
So not sure about the faster thing on SE's but am sure about the less expensive price for sure. LOL

Are your friends running LTX-LEs as well? Are you all stock? I personally think the SEs are faster on top from the reports here. I wouldn't be too concerned as it seems what you are at currently and mileage (as in break in) is probably comparable to other LTX-LEs. I'm hoping for more myself after the 1000 mile mark. What's your Rpms?
The fuel mileage is definitely an issue, though. I have gotten 14 mpg and at least 100 miles on a tank (probably 110 even too, but wasn't paying attention. )
Buddies are SE's, RPM's go to 8900 then back off to anyplace from 85-8700, one guy says around 500 miles he put a new belt on and it was like a whole new sled, I'm still running original belt, first two tanks I figured my mileage was 12-12.5 , then dropped off when I was in Canada? Lots more wide open riding, but I didn't think it would change that much

That's 3 SEs in the past few posts that are supporting the theory they are faster than the LTX-LEs.
Any stock LTX-LEs out there that are getting top speeds past 108 mph?
My ltx le ran 125 speedo on lake on Monday not a far run either had more. Conditions were good though snow pack to ice patches. GPS said 120. And I'm all stock 880 miles

My ltx le ran 125 speedo on lake on Monday not a far run either had more. Conditions were good though snow pack to ice patches. GPS said 120. And I'm all stock 880 miles
Nice work! Maybe there's hope yet. Are you on original belt yet? Spring wrapped at 3-3 or 6-1?
Other than conditions the only other factors I can think of is rider weight. I'm fat, so I know I will automatically be slower. Lol. I would like to be at least within 5 mph of others vs over a dozen, though. I'm just over 1000 miles. So, figured I was broken in and didn’t have much else to look forward to mph wise.

Nice work! Maybe there's hope yet. Are you on original belt yet? Spring wrapped at 3-3 or 6-1?
Other than conditions the only other factors I can think of is rider weight. I'm fat, so I know I will automatically be slower. Lol. I would like to be at least within 5 mph of others vs over a dozen, though. I'm just over 1000 miles. So, figured I was broken in and didn’t have much else to look forward to mph wise.
I've used 2 belts only too break both in so each have 400 miles approx. I'm at 3/3. Dealer updated rollers in secondary and did replace my primary spring as it was binding. My second spring has just started too bind also. Now dealer won't replace as they tell me it's not covered under warranty. Roughly 380miles on this spring. It definitely affects the performance now loses rpm uptop

I've used 2 belts only too break both in so each have 400 miles approx. I'm at 3/3. Dealer updated rollers in secondary and did replace my primary spring as it was binding. My second spring has just started too bind also. Now dealer won't replace as they tell me it's not covered under warranty. Roughly 380miles on this spring. It definitely affects the performance now loses rpm uptop
Sucks about the spring. Mine had paint missing all over, obviously binding too. Eventually, it will be a warranty item. But who's going to sit and wait?
At least you are having good luck with belts then. Impressive with your top mph.

Sucks about the spring. Mine had paint missing all over, obviously binding too. Eventually, it will be a warranty item. But who's going to sit and wait?
At least you are having good luck with belts then. Impressive with your top mph.
I was impressed with the speed too. I don't know if it will do it again until I get a new spring. That's hurting my top end rpm now. Spring is too long and not of very good quality imo

I was impressed with the speed too. I don't know if it will do it again until I get a new spring. That's hurting my top end rpm now. Spring is too long and not of very good quality imo
May have too look into a aftermarket spring . Has anyone found a spring equal or close to the gold red gold? Little shorter would be better too

Just a quick observation reading through. The sleds will not MPH with lower RPMs. If it will not pull RPMs, something is off.

Just a quick observation reading through. The sleds will not MPH with lower RPMs. If it will not pull RPMs, something is off.
Correct,this motor wants to run 8700-8800 stock,so why would any one wonder why there sled that only runs 8200-8400 rpms,you are losing so much top end when you are down 400-600 rpms for top end speeds,start checking stuff out,and it may not even be in the clutching.

8800-8850 consistently after 800 miles. Original belt 1500 miles. Still in great shape.
Pulls like freight train. Bone stock. Beats 800 axys ,doos 850,and new cats 800 by 15-20 sleds. No 2 stroke is in the game. You must have something wrong.

Back