• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

There is certainly interest in power steering. My mechanical power steering kits have been a big seller for me the past few years.

If the vipers get power steering too maybe there is hope for pure japan electronics on a Viper. Japan ecu, power steering, and a new guage would be nice upgrade.
Excellent point. That would be a big deal IMO to see Yamaha electronics.
Also Jarreds hints seem to suggest EPS at more than one power level. Maybe a Viper and Winder. EPS Viper seems a better match to the Vector rider.

If your referring to injection molded parts, that's due to low level acceptable criteria from Yamaha / Arctic Cat quality and one or all of the following:
crap injection mold parting line
crap injection mold presses
careless mold set up person
You sound like you work in the injection molding business. So do I, so I can appreciate what your saying. Your NOT wrong.

My wife gave up the sport due to a bad shoulder, and came back when I bought her a Vector with power steering. People can minimize the importance of power steering, but they haven’t had to give up the sport they love due to a physical disability. Power steering is HUGE for some people.

My wife also would not be able to ride without power steering due to arthritis in her hands. When she went from an Apex without EPS to her current Venture with EPS, it was night and day different for her. I do wish I would have found a newer one with the fly by wire throttle as she does have some trouble with her thumb after a long weekend.

So if you wanted to retrofit your sled with PS/EPS is your only choice GSE? Would YAM offer PS components after the 22 model release? IMO before I retrofit I like to see what TY states is the 22 updates because of the PS install cost.

9521F7CC-6499-4328-A572-265EC881DF2E.jpeg
A93454E9-2410-4AC2-903E-757ED4251789.jpeg

This doesn’t look promising for updated chain case or dash , they probably have spent their limited R& D funds on the turbo 2 stroke mountain sled . Leaving the sidewinder with minor changes again.

Last edited:
You sound like you work in the injection molding business. So do I, so I can appreciate what your saying. Your NOT wrong.[/QUOTE

Yes mold plastic and foam, mostly automotive.

View attachment 159753View attachment 159755
This doesn’t look promising for updated chain case or dash , with the financial troubles of Arctic Cat , they probably have spent their limited R& D funds on the turbo 2 stroke mountain sled . Leaving the sidewinder with minor changes again.
That was a dealer one off... I seen that a few weeks back..

i suppose it could be a turbo charged r1 motor, but what would be the point? especially with all the extra weight? i dont see is as a significant improvement over the current triple
If they come with the 4 ,i will buy one.

Just saw the doo release... looks like the mach z is back, couldnt find details though.

Oh we are in trouble! Right from their website, says they are totally going to dominate as its perfectly calibrated! Looks like they are claiming bragging rights. LOL!

180 Horsepower
Arm-stretching is an understatement. The new Rotax 900 ACE Turbo R 4-stroke boasts 180 HP perfectly calibrated to deliver radar run bragging rights and total domination on the trail.

Oh we are in trouble! Right from their website, says they are totally going to dominate as its perfectly calibrated! Looks like they are claiming bragging rights. LOL!

180 Horsepower
Arm-stretching is an understatement. The new Rotax 900 ACE Turbo R 4-stroke boasts 180 HP perfectly calibrated to deliver radar run bragging rights and total domination on the trail.
This is the beginning of Ski-Doo changing their following mindset, of 4 stroke is better than 2 strokes .... lol

AND they detuned the other version to 130hp????

It’s 180hp, it comes with 96 avg length studs it has their half dozen sensors all attached to shocks to adjust shocks and it’s the ride height of the x model not the xrs model and it has launch control. All for over $20k and a 1 year only spring only model.

what they changed to make 130 and 180 other than the tune is beyond me.

Back