• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro Rmk front on Nytro...

Yep, that is with asa. Maybe little bit hard to make normal shock to get same feeling. Curious to see how does it compare, just snow is missing..

Is there any place where to buy ASA:s?

Send them an email from their Webpage.
I have a pretty good idea of the ASA shocks but i need to try a "conventional" shock first before i give my review.

Yep, that is with asa. Maybe little bit hard to make normal shock to get same feeling. Curious to see how does it compare, just snow is missing..

Is there any place where to buy ASA:s?

Im waiting for another pyramid support bracket before i will move on with the steering.

But some parts for the next build has arrived.
A Lynx Chassie, i was only interested in the sheets around the driveshaft but got the whole chassie for the same price.

Snapped a bolt to the front shock so i had to drill and extract it.

A new pyramid bracket.

And some more stuff for the next build...

What are your plans for the next one?

I have the build pretty much finished in my head ☺
Im thinking a Boosted Apex engine, 155" track, "Freestyle" single a-arm front suspension, BRP driveshaft and brake and some other stuff.
If i dont find a Apex engine, plan B will be to use my current Nytro engine, but i have really fallen for the sound of the Apex

Will you weigh the freestyle front suspension? Both arms, tie rods, and spindles?

I will.
It was heavier than i thought, but i have some plans for it.
Do you have Nytro upper&lower a-arm, spindle and tie rods to weigh ?

Last edited:
wow I wish I had your free time to spend in my garage great build looks suprisingly clean for how many seams there are.Thanks for shareing with us.

I do not have any factory a-arms, only the Skinz.

I would think you could drop quite abit of weight if you built the freestyle parts out of 4130.

wow I wish I had your free time to spend in my garage great build looks suprisingly clean for how many seams there are.Thanks for shareing with us.

Thanks !
When it comes to time spent and your hobbie/interest i heard a great say but i dont know if it translates that good "It would have taken just as long time if i didnt do it" :)
the next build will be slower since we have a baby at home now.

I do not have any factory a-arms, only the Skinz.

I would think you could drop quite abit of weight if you built the freestyle parts out of 4130.

The main heavy thing is the spindle, its made out of a pretty good chunk of steel so im thinking of machining a aluminum spindle.
I have to mock up the chassie anyway to see if the ground clearance is enough i might have to make taller spindles anyway.

The ski stance is 39" (its from a 550 the 300 had 32") i would like to have around 36" so i migh mod them at first and later on build new ones.
There is a alternative to 4130 thats made in Sweden that i probably use instead its called Docol R8 its suposed to be easier to weld (the HAZ remaining soft and not getting hardened as 4130) and weight to strength pretty much the same (and cheaper since made over here).
Docol R8 is tested and approved in dragracing where 4130 was the only alternative earlier.

Freestyle A-arm with spindle and ski bushing 3710gram
Tie rod 360 gram
total 4070 grams = 8,9 LBS this is one side

Pro Rmk (2011) upper a-arm (without ball joint) 620 gram
Lower A-arm (with ball joint) 2090 gram
Assault 2012 tie rod 380 gram
Total 3090 gram = 6,8 Lbs without Spindle one ball joint and bolts to spindle for one side.

Stock its kind of Heavy but i Think it has potential with some mods.
its only two bolts for both a-arms instead of 8 bolts for a conventional double wishbone setup

Since i will be using the stock in tank fuel pump i needed the connector.
I failed to find a used one so i had to order a new one from BRP.
8 plastic bags and 37 bucks later i had the complete connector.

Some mods will be made to the temp gauge.

Back