• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stealth 4 wheel kit from JT Racing?

What's wrong with the 4th wheel kit offered by Yamaha?

What's wrong with the 4th wheel kit offered by Yamaha?
Nothing really. the JT kit adds the outer wheels as well as replacing the trihub all with larger wheels. This should give you less rolling resistance and better durability. At least thats the sales pitch. I didn't run either on my MPI viper and never had any issues in 5k miles. I am trying the JT kit on my sidewinder though. I've never ran oversized wheels on a sled before. I've got 4 sidewinders in the pack and ill probably be the only one tinkering on it so ill have a constant baseline to compare it to. We'll see what happens.

Nothing really. the JT kit adds the outer wheels as well as replacing the trihub all with larger wheels. This should give you less rolling resistance and better durability. At least thats the sales pitch. I didn't run either on my MPI viper and never had any issues in 5k miles. I am trying the JT kit on my sidewinder though. I've never ran oversized wheels on a sled before. I've got 4 sidewinders in the pack and ill probably be the only one tinkering on it so ill have a constant baseline to compare it to. We'll see what happens.
I ordered the Yamaha kit.

The 4th wheel kit from J&T as well as a few others, replaces the trihub that uses small junk bearings. If you lose a bearing on the trihub you won't make it home. If you lose one on a 4 independent wheel kit you will have no problem making it home. The yamaha one is just 2 outside wheels. It will help keep the track flatter in turns and will reduce some of the stress on the trihub. But really is is a band aid type of fix. Having the outside wheels helps keep your track aligned.

Mine are China as well. Bought the end of August. Now you have me worried. If you put your finger in the NTN ones (2 fingers hole is kinda big) and spin the wheel its smooth. Put a finger in the china one and you can feel the vibration of the balls rolling :oops: I am now less impressed with this kit. Plz let us know if you find anything else out.

Anyone else notice the roughness when rolling the outside J&T wheels with those China bearings?

The 4th wheel kit from J&T as well as a few others, replaces the trihub that uses small junk bearings. If you lose a bearing on the trihub you won't make it home. If you lose one on a 4 independent wheel kit you will have no problem making it home. The yamaha one is just 2 outside wheels. It will help keep the track flatter in turns and will reduce some of the stress on the trihub. But really is is a band aid type of fix. Having the outside wheels helps keep your track aligned.
Thanks

Anyone who can writhe a link where i can order those J&T Wheels :)

all it takes is one blown apart tri hub and your stranded...they have failed in ways besides bearing failure!..and outside wheels or not...you are still stranded......

in reality the chances of losing an outside chinese bearing is far less...and like said....you'd still make it back....

I just bought the stealth 4th wheel kit from JT Racing. I am impressed with the quality of the components except for the fact that the outer wheels came with CHINA bearings instead of the NTN's like the inner wheels? I have had these crappy bearings in many of my sled over the years and all I ever get out of them is 1 season at best. Did everyone else's come with these bearings? Spendy kit I feel should have NTN's or something of equal quality. I did call them and they did not know that they were coming with different bearings as they just buy the wheels. He assured me that they will not be a problem but I want to know if they have been coming with these bearings the whole time or if this is a new thing.
Hey guys JT Products here.
The outside wheels that use the 6403 bearing is a china bearing as it says right on it. This is the bearing that comes in the wheel from the factory. I get no say in this. I can tell you this bearing has a higher load rating than the 6205 bearing in the inner wheels. NTN are made in different part of the world so I dont know where they came from. I have seen some from Japan and India. Both theses bearing sizes are twice the size as the stock 6004 ones. We have thousands of these kits out there running hard for 5 years now and not one problem reported. If you used the the 6004 bearing that came in the trihub and idlers wheels they are just to dam small to do the amount of load put on them. The 6004 bearings are to ones that are failing all the time that put that bad taste on your mouth. You can thank your cheap sled maker for using them! Run the wheel kits like they came and forget about this as it has never been a problem. The outside wheels can be pulled off the machine easily without having to loosen the track to inspect bearings if your worried. All my stealth kits come with VC-3 reusable red lock tight applied the the threads. If you tighten the bolts tight you will not lose a wheel. That VC-3 lock tight is very $$$ at $30.00 a ounce but works great.

Anyone else notice the roughness when rolling the outside J&T wheels with those China bearings?
After you posted this I went out and checked 20 bearings. I found all of them to feel smooth and have a little drag resistance that tells me it has some grease in them. Run that wheel a little and recheck it.

After you posted this I went out and checked 20 bearings. I found all of them to feel smooth and have a little drag resistance that tells me it has some grease in them. Run that wheel a little and recheck it.
Thanks for the reply. I will spin them a bunch tomorrow and see how they feel.

I think the problem with many China made bearings is that they only put a spit of crappy grease in them. I have used many China made bearings in the past for Sleds, Atv's , motocross bikes and etc. When you pop out the seal on a new China made bearing you with find almost no grease in them. If you take the time to take apart and repack them with good grease you can good life out of them.

I think the problem with many China made bearings is that they only put a spit of crappy grease in them. I have used many China made bearings in the past for Sleds, Atv's , motocross bikes and etc. When you pop out the seal on a new China made bearing you with find almost no grease in them. If you take the time to take apart and repack them with good grease you can good life out of them.
and that's really funny compared to cheap China tools like Harbor Freight. Man that stuff has more grease running off it then Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Back