• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy a Winder again?

You didn't like the 1.75???
I wanted something for ice and didn't want to put long studs in that track. The very little I rode it I thought it hooked real good and if I was more of an off trail rider then I would have kept it.

I wanted something for ice and didn't want to put long studs in that track. The very little I rode it I thought it hooked real good and if I was more of an off trail rider then I would have kept it.

and how's the ice attak on this sled? I assume you are a top speed guy and not looking for out of the hole traction?

and how's the ice attak on this sled? I assume you are a top speed guy and not looking for out of the hole traction?
I have always liked the pre studded tracks on all my sleds since 2009. I'm done with studs and racing from a dead stop. I want the safety for icy trails, turns and hills not for racing. I didn't buy my SW to race anybody really I bought it for the huge mid range hit when cruising along at 50 mph. I like how fast it hits 110 mph plus when I hit a long straight away on a perfectly groomed trail. I also like how effortlessly this sled cruises at 60-70 mph. I don't need the traction studs provide because I'm not onto beating anybody out of the hole. This sled does what I want and the Ice Attack track delivers the amount of traction I need and for what I'm looking for. Oh and another thing. I have a 450 foot long driveway and the first day I got my SW with the stock track I went down my driveway at a good clip and the next thing I know is I'm sideways and out of control. That's when I decided to get the Ice Attack.

I have always liked the pre studded tracks on all my sleds since 2009. I'm done with studs and racing from a dead stop. I want the safety for icy trails, turns and hills not for racing. I didn't buy my SW to race anybody really I bought it for the huge mid range hit when cruising along at 50 mph. I like how fast it hits 110 mph plus when I hit a long straight away on a perfectly groomed trail. I also like how effortlessly this sled cruises at 60-70 mph. I don't need the traction studs provide because I'm not onto beating anybody out of the hole. This sled does what I want and the Ice Attack track delivers the amount of traction I need and for what I'm looking for. Oh and another thing. I have a 450 foot long driveway and the first day I got my SW with the stock track I went down my driveway at a good clip and the next thing I know is I'm sideways and out of control. That's when I decided to get the Ice Attack.

you did the track swap? guess it was almost new so relatively easy....

any negatives to the 1.22 lug, say in bigger snow? top speed?

Did you buy it from someone who is a member of this site ?
Did they say why they were selling it ?

Kip didn't have one, so I had go out and find it used with only a few hundred miles on. He approved however on the machine/price and of course will always be my very good friend and preferred dealer. They just don't get any better than him.

It's just like my buds Winder including the color. Was very happy I was able to find exactly what I was looking for. The 137" LTX-LE. I knew that ride on my friends sled was going to cost me some bucks, and it did.

The Winder should put some excitement back into riding again! Can't wait to start digging into it.

you did the track swap? guess it was almost new so relatively easy....

any negatives to the 1.22 lug, say in bigger snow? top speed?
Yep I swapped it out. It was pretty easy to do. You have to take everything out of the chain case and then it's just a matter of removing the two clips on the gear in the chain case and the clip on the brake rotor. The hardest part was getting the clips back on because I had put the cross shaft that holds the rear skid back in too soon. After removing the shaft and using a ratchet strap on the tunnel it was a breeze. What part would you think would be difficult? As far as the track goes it works fine but the higher lug track made a big difference in deep snow. It's a compromise for sure and I'm a groomed trail guy so the Ice Attack is perfect for what I like to ride.

Nice Mike....I had a very long talk with Dave M. too a couple weeks ago, and like what you are saying. This is my only peeve with the SW is its way too soft on bottom end, and as you know this is where the fun factor falls flat on tight twistys.

Definitely need to get the corner to corner fun factor down pat, otherwise you know the stock compression motec 1 is gonna be a tough dragon to slay. Keep me posted bud.

Dan

Thanks for the great feedback. Took the plunge and brought one home today.
Calling for a possible 12-19" here come Friday. May get a chance to put some miles on yet this year.
Here it is in the trailer heading home.

View attachment 127095
You are going to love that sled! Have the same one! Shocks are amazing!

Were smack in the path for 16-24" wet heavy snow now. Oh man! Too bad it didn't come the first part of the season.

Lets see what it will do stock first. Got the 6.9's mounted and updated rollers are on the way. Steering is all aligned and went thru every thing today. Be neat to get a good feel for it yet this season then get after it.

Nice Mike....I had a very long talk with Dave M. too a couple weeks ago, and like what you are saying. This is my only peeve with the SW is its way too soft on bottom end, and as you know this is where the fun factor falls flat on tight twistys.

Definitely need to get the corner to corner fun factor down pat, otherwise you know the stock compression motec 1 is gonna be a tough dragon to slay. Keep me posted bud.

Dan

I have a plan for that Dan. Should be an easy fix I'd think.

Were smack in the path for 16-24" wet heavy snow now. Oh man! Too bad it didn't come the first part of the season.

Lets see what it will do stock first. Got the 6.9's mounted and updated rollers are on the way. Steering is all aligned and went thru every thing today. Be neat to get a good feel for it yet this season then get after it.

Figured you'd ditch the Tuners right away. Did your buddy with the Stage 4 tune have stock skis or something else?

Figured you'd ditch the Tuners right away. Did your buddy with the Stage 4 tune have stock skis or something else?

He had stock skis which were actually great for the hardpack we were riding on that day.

Ya, I have a host of Doo skis here of course along with every carbide you could possibly imagine.

Back