• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy a Winder again?

Can someone take a picture of this magical bushing. I've put worth grease on everything and still have the tweety bird chirping in the front end. lol

20170220_204130.jpg

Both sides was where my squeak was. Moved the nose up and down and squeak like crazy sprayed yammy lube and presto ! Could hear it on the trails while driving also.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment of your Winder.

Being a Yami/ Cat / Doo dealer we have been able to address many small Winder issues with ease.

1) all the guys that own 850 Doo's that rode my Winder are now looking to switch to a Winder mainly do to the front suspension being better and the rear just as good after adjustments.
2) Yes the handle bar and thumb warmer heaters & switches are old school but they work well.
3) Yes the Tuner Ski's on this sled was not the best but we have been able to upgrade most of our customers to Pilots that works great for $300 or less.
4) we upgraded our Customers that had Roller issues to Cat rollers at no expense and have not had any problems since.
5) rear bags that should have shipped with DX units we also upgraded to a bag of their choice at no extra cost.

Yes these Winders have not been perfect , but we have been able to resolve 99% of the customer issues without any downtime for riding.

Once again it is good to be a multi line dealer to address many of these small issues.
Could you please open up a dealership in NH!

Hate to rain on this love fest but after 2779 miles on my STX-DX I believe it's going to be for sale. Reasons? #1, I put twentysome miles on the TNT850 that I was going to buy before I chickened out on going back to a two stroke, and loved it right away. #2, too many same old AC annoyances that my 2012 XF1100 Turbo LXR had still there five years later(like the stick-on thumb warmer that barely worked on my 1992 Wildcat and is still exactly the same 25 years later!?!). #3, then Yamaha made a decent handling chassis worse by putting their Tuner skis on it, so I had to spend $600 on skis to remedy that. #4, secondary rollers replaced twice, oil leaking onto muffler, took them over a month after I took delivery to provide the tunnel bag that is standard equipment(not accessory) and on and on. Dealers still don't have parts listings! I expected better from Yamaha, seems like they have no interest in supporting their product.

Wow those are some expensive new skis. What skis cost that much?

Sorry to hear about your disappointment of your Winder.

Being a Yami/ Cat / Doo dealer we have been able to address many small Winder issues with ease.

1) all the guys that own 850 Doo's that rode my Winder are now looking to switch to a Winder mainly do to the front suspension being better and the rear just as good after adjustments.
2) Yes the handle bar and thumb warmer heaters & switches are old school but they work well.
3) Yes the Tuner Ski's on this sled was not the best but we have been able to upgrade most of our customers to Pilots that works great for $300 or less.
4) we upgraded our Customers that had Roller issues to Cat rollers at no expense and have not had any problems since.
5) rear bags that should have shipped with DX units we also upgraded to a bag of their choice at no extra cost.

Yes these Winders have not been perfect , but we have been able to resolve 99% of the customer issues without any downtime for riding.

Once again it is good to be a multi line dealer to address many of these small issues.
What is the name of your dealership? I may be in the market for a Sidewinder or a Thundercat/9000 in the near future. Thanks.

Over 1000 miles with some adjustments and this sled has settled in perfectly. A simple turn of the shock comp/reb knobs and this sled adjusts to any condition. Great on the big bumps, fast open trails, in the woods twitchy trails, fresh snow, you name it. I am happy with my purchase and would do it again.....so far.

LTX SE 137 stock. Yes I would a buy a winder again. Just which they would not be so cheap and add the fourth wheel on the sled from the factory. Installed the heated seat myself took about 40 minutes. Do not buy the full kit it comes with another seat cover which is not necessary. I orderd the parts individually was cheaper that way. The only problem I had was the tuner skis. jumped on my buddy's 14 viper with regular single carbides and drove totally different. Also you can flip the mount in the skis and push them out to give a little wider stance. Did not really make any difference with the tuner skis. Put 800 total so far no issues from the belt or bushings. Did have ice build up between track and tunnel on 0 degree day which made a grinding sound until the machine warmed up enough to defrost it. I also did notice that sitting on the 14 viper to my winder the seat seams higher on the 14 viper. Looks the same, not sure if the mounting or the seat itself may have changed in the 3 years. Overall still a great riding sled.

I'd buy another in a heart beat. Only 650 miles so far, but far superior to a viper. Procross front end is awesome. Ergonomics are great. Motor is icing on the cake. Aside from EPS, if an Apex guy rides a sidewinder and doesn't have a smile on his face afterwards its simply because he's stubborn to change! The viper was a bit of a letdown, and yamaha addressed the issues with sidewinder. I encourage anyone to give the sidewinder a chance.

Yes Communication this year has been a bit trying on the Winders . As far as warranty still the best in the business. We sell Cat, Yami and DOO and Yami's warranty is above all.

We have yet to to get a legit Yamaha warrenty on a Winder Through.

Most Warranties are only as good as the dealer that sells you the unit. All warranties should be valid unless the problem from the aftermarket add on's posses the problem.

So what does the yes warrant not cover thinking about getting on my 2016 sr viper ltx dx?

tks

Yes Communication this year has been a bit trying on the Winders . As far as warranty still the best in the business. We sell Cat, Yami and DOO and Yami's warranty is above all.

We have yet to to get a legit Yamaha warrenty on a Winder Through.

Most Warranties are only as good as the dealer that sells you the unit. All warranties should be valid unless the problem from the aftermarket add on's posses the problem.

Just wondering if you have had any customers hearing any noises on the sr vipers when you are coming to a stop or coasting to a stop?
tks

I would buy again. Some clutching issues on the first year but nothing terrible. I have had a few issues along the way. After 1850 miles I feel mine is damn good. I did not care for it after 500 miles but now it's just simply awesome good. Not a big top end guy. I really like the 0-100 and handling after many tweaks. Just wish this melt down wasn't so early

Thanks for the great feedback. Took the plunge and brought one home today.
Calling for a possible 12-19" here come Friday. May get a chance to put some miles on yet this year.
Here it is in the trailer heading home.

IMG_2534.JPG

Back