• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX1 Running Rough 5000-7000rpm

cerasnowmo

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex ER
Carbs were clogged in the beginning of the season, so we had them cleaned...now it sounds like its gargling between 5,000-7,000rpm. It has also backfired a few times during lower rpms. Any suggestions?

clean them again and check the donuts if it still acts up. some times you need multiple cleanings to get all the junk out.

pinkrx1 said:
How often have you had to clean and sync carbs?

Seems like I do them every year now with the new gas even stabalizer can't prevent the gunk that allows fine particles to form larger ones over the summer. I think I am going to pull the racks from now on at the end of the season, drain & flush them and then store till fall.

I read somewhere on here that filling up with aviation fuel and stabil at the end of the season can help. I wonder if its a good idea? I HATE this new gas crap. Never had a problem with any of my machines, now I have problems with them all!!

Get a hose and put it in the bottom of the gas tank and siphon all the fuel out.

Loosen the drain screws from the bottom of the carbs (don't have to pull them to do this, just remove airbox, which you'll be doing to change the oil in the spring anyways).

Pressurize fuel tank by tightening the lid and blowing into the vent line (it can be found behind the secondary clutch) while the drain screws are still out of the carbs. When all the gas has blown out of the fuel lines and dripped out of the carbs, you're done.

KEITHFD said:
I read somewhere on here that filling up with aviation fuel and stabil at the end of the season can help. I wonder if its a good idea? I HATE this new gas crap. Never had a problem with any of my machines, now I have problems with them all!!

Schraders Yamaha in Yorkton Sask has been telling their customers to put aviation gas in for a few years now with no problems. I did my two rx1 and a two stroker like this last spring and mine started right up with no problems. The av gas still has lead in it and that stops the green stuff from growing as nothing grows with lead in it.

Back