• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX1 shooting flame out of carb

Josh.h

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Rx1
So I just got an 03 rx1 that is back firing a flame through the carb and in the exhaust. So a little about this sled. So I bought it for 500 buck because the kid I bought it took the head of and didn't time it and cranked it and bent all the valves. So I bought and had a mechanic put a new head on and time it right. He got it to start but was hard to start it. So I had him clean and rebuild the carbs and he gave it back to me. So I took it to the yamaha dealer and he had it for 3 months and come back to me says it's a fuel pump so bought a new one and I picked it up and brought it home. Started try to ride it around act like no power but though it would be bad fuel drove for about 6 minutes and when I pulled infront of my shop it died. Won't start I can crank and crank but won't start. I see fuel pumping and like I said it's back firing. Any thoughts? I did see that the chain case tensions was not even on it the 2 bolts were gone so I pushed back in and put 2 new bolts in it.

Do compression checks. My initial thought is the valve timing still isn’t right.

This is two months old. Did you figure it out?

Back