• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04rx1 spitting oil out the tailpipe&running down the tun

sleddhead1

my rx1 has around 3700 miles,I bought it used and the guy said oil use was nil. it goes thru a quart in about 150 mi. no smoke just real sooty tail pipes and oil spots on anything behind it any ideas? thanks mike

I get it too.. there were some old posts on this... try some ring free or seafoam to clean things out.

Are u sure its oil???...Mine spits out condensation mixed it alittle carbon from the exhaust and it looks like oil..

srxguy said:
Are u sure its oil???...Mine spits out condensation mixed it alittle carbon from the exhaust and it looks like oil..
good thought ,with it using so much oil without smoke i just figured it was oil,also about 3/4 of the way back i have oil running out from under the seat on both sides of the tunnel.i will check for condensation when i go back up this weekend

Not sure about oil on the tunnel but mine has about the same oil consumption (and sooty exhaust). I like srx guy think you may be seeing condensation. As bad as my useage is I see no oil out of the exhaust.

srxguy said:

My question exactly! Mine only does this on startup though with the carbon and condensation. I have 3800 miles on mine and I dont use any oil at all.

Have you done a compression check? If the compression is sat., then try a Sea Foam or Ring Free shock treatment. Directions are on the containers. The shock treatment will loosen any carbon on the rings. But, the design of the rings are the problem causing the carbon buildup and resulting oil consumption.

If the compression is NOT sat. then you may still want to try a shock treatment first. But, you most-likely be in for a ring job. If you re-ring, use '05 or newer parts

Back