• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 engine failure

rx1racer

I have been the proud owner of three late model Yamaha sleds(00SRX,03RX-1,&05 RX-1) and have been very happy with all three machines.About two weeks ago while on the way homewith my 05 rx-1 er my machine suffered a catastrophic engine failure on the trail.Upon inspection it appears that the #4 rod bolts had not been properly torqued and loosened off.This basically scuttled the bottom end of the engine.My dealer has been great and offered me another sled to ride but like most people I had my sled set up for the way I ride specifically.Parts are back ordered for at least 4 weeks whick will pretty much end the sledding season here.My question is this....has anyone else on this group had this kind of trouble and with my warranty on the 05 due to expire before I get it on the snow again what should I realistically request from Yamaha in the way of supplementary coverage for next year on this pieced together engine.Any reasonable input would be appreciated.

A-JimHam2.gif

I had the same thing happen!

I had the same thing happen on a 2003 FX Cruiser jet ski. :o| This happened with about 12 hours on the motor. It blew a hole through the side of the block near the oil filter. Yamaha and my dealer in Lansing did a great job with this. They replace the entire motor and it has run perfect since. We now have about 70 hours on it.

Yamaha Rocks! :Rockon: [/img]

Second one I've heard of doing this now. The other had the rod bolts on the #1 cylinder come loose and knock a hole in the block. Yamaha replaced the whole motor under warranty for the guy.

My 05 has less than 200 miles on it, so I'm considering getting the extended warranty.

Even though it has a turbo, I'm guessing that if this becomes a problem with non turbo sleds, at least I'll have a little ground to stand on with Yamaha.

What do you guys think?

If you're running a turbo I guarantee the regional rep will take one look at it and say no way.

My 03 had a rod come through thte block and take out the heat exchanger. I am not sure what caused it but I have the extended warranty and it looks so far like they are taking care of it. My dealer did say they where taking an oil sample as this is happening to a few sleds and Yamaha is trying to find out why.

warrenty

in canada the warrenty is not even a qusetion it just no - no way and go away and stop bothering me we sell parts here. i could go no and on but this sumes it up. and for extened warrnty we get offered a qne year engne only.

Black john, that's because youse guys are animals up there and destroy all the sleds. lol The mfg would go broke with warranty issues with you guys. just kidding. Still don't understand the diff with US and Canada with Yamis warranties.

Black John,

You need a new dealer or something man. Sucks to be a customer of your dealer. Did you piss in his Cornflakes or what.

I have only had 3 issues on 7 Yamaha sleds since 1997.

1]One was clutch tuning. [ 98 XTC Deluxe] [2 hours labour and parts allowed]

2]One was bad waterpump seal. [01 700 Deluxe]

3]One was rear exchanger needed for 04 Warrior

All were handled, no cost to me. Yamaha and Dealer were " yep ,yes, sure, no problem etc. "

They even threw in a new pair of boots with the Warrior deal.

Warranty was up on the 01, no problem.

Now my experience with the others was a little different.

Polaris and Doo were like the Capital One ad on TV. How many ways can you say no? Cat was pretty good but I could not keep the sleds out of the shop so I gave up despite the good service.

Just wanted you guys to know that not all of Canada is the same.

Dealer makes the difference I think guys.

Dave

warrenty

it,s not just in my area as i have had one case were there was the two differnt color oof main bearings in stalled in the same main jornal no warentty the rep say,s anther is not haveing the oil squrtters installed in the block from the factory caseing low oil PSI result rod thro block no warrenty rep say,s you must have over reved it. so i can not blame people if they go to the us to by sleds and arive home with no warrenty whats the big deal. you seem to be respsonable for your own here any way. things like an up grade on the jack shaft bearing for the 03 owners and bad coils that was known by yamaha should have bee taken care of. :o| :o| after all we as customer,s buy this product in good faith. i have rideing bud,s that i ride with that still are getting crank shafts warrentyed on 1993 machZ,s thats what makes a buyer come back. not see ya at the door and we here have only see pic,s of the new sleds if you want to see one you have to drive 500 miles to look at one over a rope fence cant start it heven for bid you want to sit on it. as for parts i got lucky there yamaha had 8 coils in stk in toronto only to 2 weeks to get them most other stuff has to come from japan like my jack shaft bearing and coller. i needed a new cly head i was in stk IN JAPAN needed a new fuel pump for my srx it to was IN STK IN JAPAN so the just of it is the ware house is closed and ceo no is in charge of warrenty ;)!

Back