• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rage a-arms?

island_rage05

Extreme
Should there be any play between the a-arms and the bulkhead im finding that there is too much play like is there more bushings then them two white plastic ones on each end of the bottom a-arms? any info would be nice thanks

I have my 05 RS Venture front end apart now getting some things powder-coated and what you have is about the same thing. There are bushing in all the a-arms, bulk head and spindles. If you go to Port Yamaha's web site and look in their micro fiche you'll see what I'm talking about. You can also give them a call. They'll hook you up for a good price. Replacement of the bushings is pretty straight forward and not too difficult. When you do work on it, make sure you have the hands of a Elf, as it will help you get into some tight spots. One other word of advise would be to use all six point sockets and wrenches. Also put some grease fittings on your a-arms. ;)!

I placed mine in the center of the cross member were the long bolt holds the arm to the bulk head. I did not place any on the spindle end. If you look there will be zero interference. The a-arms doesn't have that much angular travel. Parallel with the arm and in a slight downward position. If I didn't already have mine apart and gone I'd send you a pic. The zerks I purchased only have a thread or two of engagement. Otherwise you have two use JB Weld to build up a small washer on the zerk(unless you have access to small washers). If you put a regular zerk in the arms it won't work because the large thru bolt hits the zerk. If you try to grind a little off of the bottom of zerk, it will fall apart, i.e. the spring and steel ball. I know I tried it DA. :o|

ok i understand now. The big problem with my sled whoever owned it before me had some front end problems whoever worked on it stripped half the bolts nuts and stuff. My next sled wont be a second hand one....lol but oh well i get to learn lots of fun stuff

There are torque specs for almost every thing on our sleds. Do a search. That's why I had earlier stated to use six point sockets and wrenches. If you don't have it apart yet you may want to get on it just in-case you need to order any additional fasteners. If anything is rounded or stripped replace it. The suspension is no were to cut corners.

I had no idea they made all the front suspension bushings with the Oilite material. I will be ordering a full set. Correct me if I'm wrong but, with that bushing you really don't need the grease fittings.

Back