• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX-1 summer project

twigsy27

I have an 05 RX-1 stock 8300 miles. Plans for the summer are: Hartman 136" skid extension, cobra 1.352 track. beef up kit and powder coat, new bushings and collars (don't know from where yet), need a new w arm (broke it bad), bushings for front suspension. do I need anything else?

I'd think about that 136" extension, that will make it a beast to handle. You may just want to look at changing a few things on the monoshock, unless you ride alot of powder.

I took my 03 shorty to 136" and it was awsome, would do it again and am currently changen my Apex GT to 128" Not that the 136 was a problem, it wasn't. Its just that I got a smokin deal on a brand new take off hacksaw, and that was 128" should ride better, and bridge the bumps better to. Will NOT go 121" again just to much motor!

Thanks, I'm looking for it to hook up a little better and do some off trail. Do i need to change the drivers to run a longer track?

With that size track you do not need to change the drivers. Not until you get up around 2".

I went with a 151 expert x and it handles better than ever im looking to upgrade the front shocks this year cant wait.

It seems if done right doing a long track will help with heavy front end by pull more weight out back. Made my old RX-1 a long track and having now done it to my apex and both ride great.

Back