• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 vectro are you stock slide a inch short?????

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey on the 05 vector are your stock slide a inch short. I just picked some up at the yamaha shop and there a inch short, I already trashed the old ones so I cant check, Just dont see right to me. They also have a differnt part number , sma-8es-s92-00-bl Tryed to find that part number on the yamaha site, and they say it dont excist.

slides too short

I can't tell you about the part number but the stock Yammy slides don't come back to the end of the rail. I'm not sure it's an inch but I can measure mine if need be.

Re: slides too short

Geezer 2 said:
I can't tell you about the part number but the stock Yammy slides don't come back to the end of the rail. I'm not sure it's an inch but I can measure mine if need be.

I put it together and they seem to be ok, the old stock one used to come al the way back.

Re: slides too short

It doesn't matter if they come all the way back or not. The rear wheel keeps the track from contacting the portion of the rail that the hyfax is not covering. I used to cut the hyfax on my ZR a bit short because otherwise the track clips would rub a bit on the butt end of them and create vibration and noise.

STORM-CHASER said:
Geezer 2 said:

I put it together and they seem to be ok, the old stock one used to come al the way back.

Back